Greetings From The Netherlands

Ted

Hi Guys,

I just stumbled over this forum and I decided to register right away. I'm a 34 year old civ and in daily life I teach geography in highschool.

My choice is based on my life long affiliation with the military. Right before my draft I had an accident which ruled out any service for my country. Since it is a family occupation this came as quite a blow. I decided to stay in school, made my way through Uni and became a teacher.
What I hope is to meet many same-minded people, exhange knowledge over subjects and learn about the life I so desired to have. (But I reconciled many years ago with my fate, and have an envyable life amongst the people of the future...)

Cheers to you all,
Ted

Welcome aboard Ted. Good intro, thank you. I'm the Italian Guy, as you can see. Uhm wow I find it cool you teach geography, it's one of my best subjects- I believe it's too much berated nowadays, people ignore it.
Uhm so yeah I'm sure you'll love it here. Lots of info, lots of fun. Talk to you later.
:rambo:

Welcome Ted. Sorry you didn't get to follow your original plans but sometimes, things work out for the best.

Welcome, Ted. Although I'm slightly biased, I believe teaching is one form of public service that is truly blessed by God. Thanks for all you do.

Wow.... that's all I can say for the kind words of you guys! Over here teaching means a) you're mad or b) you're mad. That's probably why we have such a shortage of teachers in the Netherlands.
Anyway, thank you again and let's get started on all the reading. I have a lot of catching up to do. (Besides geography I rolled into history as well, since I had a lot of it during my study and had a minor in International Relations) So I hope can give you some insights in the mind of the Dutchs on many of the issues which are on this forum!

Cheers

Welcome to the forums Ted.

I've walked "de vierdaagse" 3 times in the past, so I've got a lot of great memories from you beautiful (but VERY flat..) country.. :)

Hoi...

I love Dutch people!

Been there last December and enjoyed it, especially Utrecht & Deventer!

Tot Ziens!!!

Hahahahahaaha, this is getter better by the houre!! I'm thoroughly enjoying this.
I never walked de "vierdaagse", but I am a hiker by nature. This I do in France because my country is as flat as a pooltable. Utrecht is the city where I studied and know it well......

So many nice people ans so many topic to discuss about. I'll sharpen my pencil and get cracking after work!

Cheers everybody!

Back