Greetings from Ironside...

Ironside

Banned
Greetings to all,

A little about me.

I am married and have an 11 year old son.

I enlisted in the United States Army way back in early 1974. I enlisted when many Americans were burning flags at the airports, as our troops were returning home from Vietnam, in protest of the war.

I took basic training in Fort Knox, Kentucky. My AIT was in Fort Dix, New Jersey.

My MOS was 05E20 voice radio operator. Shortly after Vietnam, they phased that MOS out. It no longer exists today. The home of the Signal Corps is in Ft Gordon, GA not Ft Dix. I just went where my orders sent me.

After training, I was stationed in Germany.

I served with the 1st Armored Division, 1st Brigade HHC 1st Battalion 37th Armor. 1/37th Arm was then in Katterbach just outside of Ansbach, Germany.

I got out of the Army in early 1976.

My father retired from the military after a courageous career. He served in, Germany at the end of WWII during the Berlin airlift, the Korean War and the Vietnam War. He was awarded two Bronze Stars during his two tours in Nam, his second tour in Da Nang, in 68/69. My favorite uncle was a survivor of the Bataan Death March.

GuyontheRight said:
Welcome, did you guys use the M-60 back In your days?

Yup. They did. ;)

I was HHC. In all fairness, I don't want to come across as claiming to be a tanker. I wasn't.

Right now I am a 63B I have been in the ARNG for 6 years and I want to join active duty, currently I am deplyed on active duty and the mission is going to end in February, I want to join the signal corps as a 74B Information System Operator Analysist. A fancy name for a computer check I think it is 25B now. I have lots of computer experience in the civilan word and I am working on a degree towards information technology, so I think that I would be much more of a benifit to the Army as a 74B than a mechanic, I thought what you had to say wasvery interesting just wanted to tell you some about me.

Welcome! Follow the rules, be polites, use punctuation, and you will be a good friend of mine!

Not that I don't already love everyone!

Hey all hope your enjoying the forums and Ironside its good to see a sparky from over the water lol
Are their any more of us on the site if so make yourself known

Jay :p

Trevor said:
Hey, Ironside welcome. What Rank were you when you left?

I did a two year enlistment. Got all the way to E-3, PFC. :shock:
Was offered E-4, Spec4 for re-enlistment.

I turned it down. ;)

Back