Greetings from the Finnish marines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoastalJaeger

Hi,

This forum looked nice so I thought I would join.

Well what should I say about myself, I'm a CoastalJaeger (Finnish Marine) and have been that for 3 months time and I still have 3 months service time left so I'm going to be a basic private the whole time in the military.
By the way we are the only ones in the Finnish military who can get the green beret.

Sadly I don't have any pictures of myself yet but I have some of our NCO's so I thought I'd post them so people would get a picture of how we look and so on...

Picture%20267.jpg

Picture%20175.jpg

Sadly I won't be able to post so much at least in the coming 3 months because I'm only out on the weekends and not every weekend and I'm going back today before 12p.m.

Well that's it about me...

At ease...

Welcome to the forums!

Good to see some more members from our (cold) corner of the world. :)

david_the_positive said:
Interesting photos coastaljaeger.

How did you come to join the Finnish army? How long are you going to be a marine?

David R.

Well first of all every male Finnish citizen must join the military either, aiforce, navy, marines or army and you have to be there for a minimum of 6 months and maximum is 12 months, in 6 months you can become no more than a basic jaeger but in 12 months you can become either 2.nd Lieutenant or Sergeant.

For me the case is 6 months so I'm going to become a basic private or (jaeger as it's called in the Finnish Military)

And I chose the marines because I wanted a challenge and they have the third toughest education in Finland. The only ones that are tougher are the divers and paratroopers. And then again I have some pressure on me because both my brothers are Marines and they both have the green beret...

Hi if you are a costlal jeager then you are supposed to talk swedish , because Nylands Brigad where CJ are getting there training is the only swedish speaking brigade in Finland.

Welcome to forum.. Nice to see some Finns here.. Are you from the Swedish speaking parts of Finland?

You are not a Finnish Marine!

Sorry to break it to you son, but you are not part of Finnish Marines. You are a regular Army soldier who's stationed in Swedish speaking base at the coast. That's why you are called Rannikkojääkäri. You are serving only six months and that makes you a Rubberhead 'kumipää' in Finnish. You are a free loader, almost as bad as civil service hippies. You just happen to have a green beret, it's not a symbol of Special Forces in Finland, it's just a green hat! Wake the f :cen: k up!

Naval Infantry trains the Finnish Marines in Helsinki Naval Base in Upinniemi. Only 80 men/women(so far only men) make the cut on yearly basis. They are all specially trained for 12 months. The training contains mostly guerrilla activity in the Finnish archipelago and in normal forrests, rifle squad leading and explosive handling. All the training is done under a heavy mental pressure to increase mental strength. After the training they qualify as a squad leaders of a Naval Infantry rifle platoon. That's when their duty begins, they attend yearly military rehearsals and serve as active reserve's men/women until they hit 35. Not like you, Rubberhead, you dodge the real service for 6 short months, go home and forget about it!

-The White Predator Of The Northern Woods-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back