Greetings from Finland

SgtJulle

Hi everyone

I'm from cold northern Europe, Finland.... I would like to chat and hear how living and being in military life is there all over the world.

I apologise my bad english, but try to understand.

Regards
Julle

I try to practice my English as much as possible..... Cars, bikes and boats have been my hobby for 19 years and all the literature are in English and had to order parts from States, so I have been using English quite much..... And naturally nave been using English in europe in holidays.

Finland is bilingual country, so I speak Swedish also..... And few words Germany and Spain.....

Now I'm trying to learn Estonia and Russia....... for my own part-time job (also for my own business) and mostly because of my profession in army.

Does anyone here knows anything about Finland, Finnish Defence Forses and our UN Forces?

I try to practice my English as much as possible..... Cars, bikes and boats have been my hobby for 19 years and all the literature are in English and had to order parts from States, so I have been using English quite much..... And naturally nave been using English in europe in holidays.

Finland is bilingual country, so I speak Swedish also..... And few words Germany and Spain.....

Now I'm trying to learn Estonia and Russia....... for my own part-time job (also for my own business) and mostly because of my profession in army.

Does anyone here knows anything about Finland, Finnish Defence Forses and our UN Forces?
Only that they gave the Russkies a run for their money in 1939-40. A truly great effort, from a small but very determined country.

Yes, we did that..... my grandfather was one of them giving russins what they deserved.... hope they learned not to tease smaller ones....

I browsed forum and found there were few Finns in here too, but 2-3 years ago and they were clearly draftees, not staff.

I looked Us ranks and were quite confused.... I tried to find out what my own rank would be in there...... I guess it could be "staff sergeant".....

Welcome to the forums!
It's good to see another one from the "neighborhood" here.. ;)

A tiny bit.. :smil:
I've worked with you guys quite a few times, both in Norway, Finland and in UN missions abroad.

Thank you everyone for warm wellcome.

It´s feeling like winter now, it´s not so cold out there (-11*C / 10 *F), but air is so fresh and dry, snowing and lakes are geting their ice...... Just worked 3 days outside (10-12 hours/day) and it felt good, just enough warm clothes and everything is ok. I should rest still about 2,5 weeks, I had my wrist operated 3,5 weeks ago, but I´m used to work and do everything 16 hours/day (days at military service, evening and weekends as special car mechanic in one workshop and in my own company too...), so these weeks have been torture to me, but can´t do lot with only left hand.....

Just got my kids to bed, it´s 9.30pm here and this is that " every other weekend" that I spend with my kids.

Uusi näytät olevan sinäkin tällä foorumilla joten hyvä että löytyi toinenkin suomalainen...

Back