Greetings from Canada!

VIChris

Hi all,

My name's Chris. New to the site, and almost new to reserve life. My application is being processed for the Canadian Army Reserves. I found the site while looking for some military humor, in the hopes of fitting in with the battalion I hope to join up with, and have so far found some great info in many other forms too.

Cheers,
Chris.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome to the team, Chris.

Which unit are you aiming for?

I've applied to the 11th Service Battalion, for a Vehicle Tech job. Seems to be a great bunch of people there. I've been looking to get involved with my community for a while now, and had previously thought fire department or something along those lines. Then I looked into the Reserves, and found there is so much more opportunity with the CF for training/ skill development etc. and for giving back to the community through disaster relief deployments etc. Seems more like my pace.

Thankfully, no.

I was supposed to get sent there on PRETC (Post-Recruit Education Training Center...or in other words, a holding unit) while I waited for my Aerospace Control Operators QL3's course. Luckily, I ended up being retained by RMC as the Quartermaster Sergeant.

Back