Greetings from Bropous

bropous

Greetings. I'm bropous, been posting to forums for a very, very long time, very happy to join this online community.In the interests of full disclosure, I was an M60A1 tanker trainee for only about 4 months in 1982-83 at Knox, but my smart mouth and unwillingness to crack down and be a man about being in the Army ended up with me dismissed with a dishonorable. I thought I knew everything and that I was smarter than anyone else in the Army; I was cocky, insubordinate, and a total and complete a**. I've never tried to change that dishonorable because I EARNED it, and I will NEVER claim veterans benefits; those are for men and women with far more maturity than I had back then. However, the battalion commander I spoke to in my discharge process (Lt Col Birdingame?) said something I took with me my entire life: Some folks are not cut out for military service, but we can ALL serve our country in some way. He told me to find SOME way to serve the country, and I think I did.So, ever since, I have done everything I can do to support our troops AND their missions. I learned a lot about military science and military history, and EVERY time I see a man or woman in uniform I go up and shake their hand and thank them for serving. I have two big brothers who are Marines, one brother who was in the Air Force, and was a little kid when my oldest brother was in the Southeast Asia Theater, so I know what it means for a family to hold the home front waiting for a loved one to come home.This may be a bit confessional for some of you, fair enough. Just wanted to be honest about who I am because I respect military people and their families and the people who take the time to be conversant on military matters. All the best to everyone and looking forward to some good exchange of ideas.

13th Redneck, a troll? Nope, just trying to be honest up front, not trying to pass myself off as anything or anyone but who I am. Sorry you got the wrong impression, man.

Thanks for the welcome from the rest of you. Glad I came across this site, very interesting already, looking forward to hearing different viewpoints and learn some new perspectives.

Last edited:
Back