Green Army Men

Koldun

I'm thinking of doing some "Wargaming on the Cheap" and have been thinking about using green and tan army men. Does anyone know what scale they are? I was thinking that I once heard 54mm, which works out to around 1/36 or so...but I would really like to know for sure. Thanks.

"An ounce of sweat saves a gallon of plastic."
~Sarge, Army Men II

No clue what size they are, I remember a disastrous incident though, I set up the Tan and Green men to fight each other, I decided that I would use Bottle Rockets as artillery, I was shooting one of on the tan side against the green side, and well, it hit a rock, did a 180, and took out a Tan tank and 17 tan soldiers, one of the worst friendly fire incidents in the history of Army Men warfare. After that I just chucked M-80's at the Army Men. Word of advice, don't use bottle rockets, stick with M-80's, and it can be fund to bury a 100 roll of thunder bombs under the army men and set it off, like a massive artillery barage or something, make sure you bury it about 1" under the sand, any deeper and it wont have any effect, to shallow and they start flying all over the places.

I played Army Men for pc it was fun, did you notice Sarge sounded alot like Clint Eastwood?

--------

Anyways as far as using inexpensive figures to play wargames Matchbox and I think Airfix sell sells really accurate and realistic figures, they come 50 to a box and theyre made of plastic. I don't think they're that expensive, only a few dollars a box.

The soliers are about an inch high, real small scale, but they match the a certain scale of the plastic model kits of tanks and planes. Whats more they come in the base colors for that army--- field gray for Germans, green for Americans, ect. You can even pick up specialty units like ski units, Africa corps, and jungle fighters. They range from most periods in history but mostly WWII are the easiest to get a hold of. Visit your local hobby shop they might have em.

I have some little green nazi ones. I'm not making this up. I bought a bag of them for a photograph and they're in german uniforms. I hadn't noticed until before the shoot!

Back