Greek Fighter (possibly a Mirage 2000 or F-16) vs Turkish F-16

If they're NATO members then why does everyone let them have skirmishes over naval territory? You'd think there'd be some resolution that would let them work this thing out, WTF.

Yeah as you never see any missile being fired at the target (could have been done later in time of course) I would class it as exercise

AlexKall said:
Yeah as you never see any missile being fired at the target (could have been done later in time of course) I would class it as exercise
Or it could be a move to demonstrate determination or something. Like a Turkish fighter violating air space so the Greek one locks missiles to intimidate them. Supposedly things like these happen often (in Greek and Turkish airspace)

GW could do some good if he helped work out the cyprus problem. I bet that's the one issue that keeps turkey and greece from not trying to do anything meaningful in terms of territorial disputes.

BTW, someone enligthen me why greece and turkey have such animosity, is it just territory or what? Don't bother with the pre ww1 stuff, i know all that, why is it still a problem though?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Or it could be a move to demonstrate determination or something. Like a Turkish fighter violating air space so the Greek one locks missiles to intimidate them. Supposedly things like these happen often (in Greek and Turkish airspace)

Defenetly a possibility as they arn't what you would call friends heh

WarMachine said:
GW could do some good if he helped work out the cyprus problem. I bet that's the one issue that keeps turkey and greece from not trying to do anything meaningful in terms of territorial disputes.

BTW, someone enligthen me why greece and turkey have such animosity, is it just territory or what? Don't bother with the pre ww1 stuff, i know all that, why is it still a problem though?
Well, there's Cyprus, islands in the Aegean and I think also Turkish minorities in Greece near Istanbul who are treated badly by Athens.

Back