Greatest War Invention

The Atomic Bomb

It was only used twice in combat and has been the biggest detterent in the history of modern warfare.

Even greater than "Civicus Romanus"(or I'm a Roman Citizen), never since the Roman empire has one object put so much fear and respect into the world

The Atomic Bomb is the best war/peace weapon ever invented.

But like everyone says, peace is the greatest weapon ever used.

Darkmb101 said:
Peace, comradery, strength, honor, courage, valor all are great products of war.

I think we all can agree that Peace is a good product of war, but I think we should focus on military hardware from now on.

The Jerrycan!

Was it name like tat because the germans invented it - jerry-can - ? :?:

What about Nylon?

And :cen: condoms :cen: .... where I come from I've seen them used to protect everything from matches to the 30mm guns of our ground attack jets ! :shock:

Coca cola too....do you know that we even used hot coca cola to brush clean the bore of our 105mm guns of our MBTs....no kidding! :idea:

Greatest Weapon Reply

I belive the greatest weapon would be the Sword/Knife.
They have been used for Centurys. Maybe the Cannon on
a battleship or somthing. The new current weapons today are
great but they really havnt been used that long compaired to
older weapons that have masivly changed the lives of humans.

:idea: This one is the ultimate and tell me what you think of it:

the military wife! :lol:

Here is a classic: ;)

Have you ever seen the specs on a military wife? She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both father and mother, be a perfect hostess to four or 40 with an hour notice, run on black coffee and little money, handle every emergency imaginable, without a manual, be able to carry on cheerfully, even if she is pregnant and has the flu. She must be willing to move to a new location 10 times in 20 years and help other military wives go through their lives. She also needs an unusually strong heart so it can swell with pride in her husband's achievements, sustain the pain of long separation, beat soundly when it is overworked and tired, and be large enough to say "I understand" when she doesn't, and say "I love you, regardless" when she waves goodbye to her husband from a pier, a runway or a depot, knowing in her heart why it is so important that he leaves. Sometimes she might shed a tear for joy, sadness, pain, disappointment, loneliness or pride but always, she shows a dedication to all the values that she and her husband hold dear. Have you acknowledged one lately?

nota: my wife told me to post that....sorry guys... :oops: :cry:

Just kidding....but they deserve the attention....mine a least for supporting that life for 18 years!!! :lol:

Back