Greatest War Invention - Page 4

--

March 21st, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Gunpowder. It divdes the history of warfare into two broad categories. GUNS AND NO GUNS
March 29th, 2004  
cryhavoc

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
March 30th, 2004  
Rick90467

I may be a bit section 8 but, propaganda is a hugh and very dangerous machine.
--
April 3rd, 2004  
Mark Conley

After a long and serious think about the whole subject... i believe the one item that has done more for the effort of war an all is...the military P-38 can opener.

When every thing came in a can, it was the P-38 that led the way. It also was a screwdriver (plain and phillips, if you please), knife, emergency fish hook, unit reconition symbol, finger nail cleaner, emergency thedolite, emergency electrical fuse and much much more.

I pay homage to the 1 cent wonder...the personal military can opener.
April 15th, 2004  
Doppleganger

The Longbow

Gunpowder

The Tank

The Airplane

Nuclear weapon

All five in their own way completely changed the battlefield.
April 15th, 2004  
bobatepie

I believe that M-1 Grande was the greatest of all. During WWII almost every country had standard infantry rifles that were bolt action, not America. We had the Newly develuoped Semi-Automatic M-1. We had semi-auto weapons and we had 8 round clips. I believe we won WWII over Geremany because of our supeior weapons.
April 15th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

While the garand was an amazing weapon, I've heard (esp. on this forum) that it jammed often due to the ability for dirt to lodge itself in the bandolier. I do however, agree that we won the war because of our superior weapons.
April 15th, 2004  
gjc

Greatest War Invention:

Peace.
May 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

Camo suits and camo paint
May 6th, 2004  
maddmike275

gjc said it best, the greatest war invention IS peace. Take it from a Ranger who's been there and done that.