The Greatest Soldier to ever exist, EVER.

The greatest soldier ever who wasn't

The greatest soldier who ever lived in my opinion was not a soldier at all.

He was just a young student who had the bravery to stand in the street in front of a tank and force it to stop or run him over to keep it from being used on his friends and classmates.

The young man was chinese, and the occasion was the students sit in located in Tienanmin Square in Beijing that took place in 1989.

That was a man who had balls made of brass - to go up against a Chinese tank with nothing but your bare hands and a determination to prevail. That's what I call the hallmark of a great soldier.

Alexander the great, was a the greatest military strategist of all time, but he was a bisexual so that discludes him

Didn´t you say " no matter what time"? Well, at that time Christianity had not yet been invented, and it was normal (all Spartans were).

Rattler

Didn´t you say " no matter what time"? Well, at that time Christianity had not yet been invented, and it was normal (all Spartans were).

Rattler

I agree spartans were made for fighting and dying. As it was said when leaving for battle "Return with your shield or on it".

Worst from my POV was that spartans could also been called spart-****, because their afinity to train young boys in "back tactics", I think you can understand me, although it looked like the Spartan and Greeks had a society full out of topics.

It was famous the "Thebas sacred Batallion/Band", 300 hoplites considered unbeatable who lived homosexuality and pederasty like something even necesary to template the young ones.

But that society was so anomalous for it´s time in a lot of senses, including relationships between hetero partners, rights, etc.

I don´t wanna look like I have anything against homosexual partners at all, I don´t mind whatever one person does with his mouth, pennis, arse or vagine. I just know the use I give my own and I don´t care other ones.

I even have magnific homo friends in work and outside work and they are my friends... But I still feel rare watching the film "300", gay relations covered with the exaltation of masculinity with not any femenine movement (who played to be the woman???)

Damned historicians :box:

The best soldiers, and the best heroes, are the soldiers who didnt come home, didnt have children, didnt grow old, because they died for our freedom.

One of the most Manly men and bravest soldiers ever has to be Pat Tillman (1976-2004) What makes Tillman one of the greatest men of modern times is that, for him, it wasn't enough to be big, look like a Marvel superhero, and crush guys on the football field. Real men make hard choices. Tillman didnt screw around in this category. But first things first: Pat Tillman was a great athlete (He played for the Arizona Cardinals from 1999-2001) and he had a frickin mullet! He was also named 19997 Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year. He broke the franchise record for tackles (as it were the femur of a malnourished Taliban soldier) with 224 in his rookie year, which to you non-football fans he kicked serious arse.

As I said earlier, real men make hard choices. In 2001 Pat Tillman's arse kicking would take a turn after the attacks of September 11th. In retaliation to the cowardly attack by AL Qaeda, Tillman joined the U.S. Army as an elite Army Ranger. Not only did he turn down a multi-year, multi-million dollar NFL contract to go kill our wofe beating sub-human friends known as the Taliban, but he also turned down the position as an officer so he could get some real blood on his hands. It is choices and actions like this that define the word hero. Sadly, and almost unbelievably, Tillman was killed in action. He most likely went died in the midst of some incomprehensible feat of heroics. This makes him a hero, he turned down things that most people would steal and kill for and died defending our freedom. With the details sketchy I think it's safe to assume Tillman went down amongst a pile of hundreds if not thousands of dead Taliban soldiers. :mrgreen: Many of these soldiers no doubt suffered broken arms, legs, necks and other grotesque blunt force trauma as Tillman probably at some point spent the last of his ammunition and had to confront the enemy army with his bare hands. One can only imagine how many bullets it must have taken to bring him down.

Pat Tillman is one of the manliest men in modern times. Tillman was a gleaming pillar of virtue. When all the rich millionares and buisnessmen die, no one will remember them, but they will build statues of men like Pat Tillman. Just remember, this was a man who would have most certainly been President one day had he wished it. Tragically, we may never understand what we lost. Rest in peace Mr. Tillman.

Alexander the Great for multiple reasons... screw the motion picture! Read the original antique sources (Arrian, Curtius Rufus etc.)
But in fact it is Rambo,,,

There was this one Marine Scout/Sniper back in the Vietnam war that managed to snipe over 100 VC. Forgot his name but he's still alive today. Saw an interview with him on the military channel.

In fact it is a Spanish guy, Juan Desconocido Despreciado, an anecdote from his heroic carreer:

One day, during a NATO exercise in the late ´80s, three TF commander, one from the US, the other a Brit, and a Spaniard, had a a short TB and started boasting about their guys qualities and valor.

The US Major, claiming his Cav guys were the best soldiers around ever, called up one of them and asked him to stop a Bradley with his body. His guy tried without hestiation, got run over, and barely survived.

The Brit Major, not impressed, claimed his guys to be even more courageous and obedient, called one of his sargents up and asked him to shoot hiself in the foot. The man, of cause, complied without hesitation.

The Spaniard, a bit in distress as his guys were not around, using the TB to disappear for a nap instantly, finally spotted Juan Desconocido Despreciado on top of an 20 mtr (60 ft) antennae mast he was rigging, and said: "Gentlemen, I am not impressed, look what our simple soldiers are capable of in Spain!"

Having finished, he shouted up to Juan to jump from the mast to the ground: "NOW!", upon which Juan Desconocido Despreciado shouted back: "You think I am stupid, my Major? Come up and jump down yourself if you feel like!"

The Spanish Major then turned to the other commanders and said: "Well, gentlemen, here you have it: This is *true* valor and courage!"

So, I vote all Juans Desconocidos Despreciados of any nation as the greatest soldiers, *ever*!

Rattler

A lot of you guys seem to be picking commanders. Personally, I'd vote for Simo Häyhä

"Häyhä was credited with 505 confirmed kills of Soviet soldiers,[2][4] and 542 if including the unconfirmed deaths.[4] The unofficial Finnish frontline figure from the battlefield of Kollaa places the number of Häyhä's sniper kills over 800.[5] A daily account of the kills at Kollaa was conducted for the Finnish snipers. Besides his sniper kills, Häyhä was also credited with over two hundred kills with a Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun, thus bringing his credited kills to at least 705.[4] Remarkably, all of Häyhä's kills were accomplished in fewer than 100 days."

To answer your question, here is another quote from Wikipedia:

"It took several years for Häyhä to recuperate from his wound. The bullet had crushed his jaw and blown off his left cheek. Nonetheless, he made a full recovery and became a successful moose hunter and dog breeder after World War II, and hunted with Finnish president Urho Kekkonen.

When asked in 1998 how he had become such a good shot, he answered, "Practice." When asked if he regretted killing so many people, he said "I did what I was told to as well as I could." Simo Häyhä spent his last years in a small village called Ruokolahti located in the south-east of Finland near the Russian border."

Back