The Greatest Soldier to ever exist, EVER. - Page 6

--
Boots

March 17th, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
Edward Dunlop was indeed a great man. His care of the wounded was legendary. A shame he didn't survive himself.
Too true
March 19th, 2005  
Missileer

Audie Murphy. Here's a list of medals and how and when they were earned.

http://www.audiemurphy.com/awards.htm
March 24th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC72
For some reason I find that hard to believe, but if it is true I admire him.

But, anyway I think its Alvin York. He was a fantastic soldier, christian, and shot.
--
Boots
March 24th, 2005  
Missileer

I'm sure everything is legit. He was the most decorated combat soldier in WWII. There are official US Army sites that list the same info.
March 28th, 2005  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Are you thinking of Sergeant York, Other guy? He used a pistol when he ran out of ammo with his rifle and captured an entire trench of Germans and more.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!
May 24th, 2005  
Pete031

Too many troops over the years that never got any recognition for their deeds in combat. In my opinion you can't have a best Soldier ever poll. Just my 2 cents.
May 24th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete031
Too many troops over the years that never got any recognition for their deeds in combat. In my opinion you can't have a best Soldier ever poll. Just my 2 cents.
Your right. There are many, many, many, unsung heros. But we are just telling what we think is the best soldier based on the info on these people thats actually recorded.
May 26th, 2005  
Tvoi-Vrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne
Alexander the great, was a the greatest military strategist of all time, but he was a bisexual so that discludes him
That is sad you are willing to belive everything you see on tv
May 28th, 2005  
utseabee

i already no im gonna get alot of flak for this but hitler was a great military leader if you discount his views on the world but what he was able to do was pretty impressive
May 29th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by utseabee
i already no im gonna get alot of flak for this but hitler was a great military leader if you discount his views on the world but what he was able to do was pretty impressive
Yeah actually he was. Man, and his generals was some of the best also.