The Greatest Soldier to ever exist, EVER. - Page 13

--
Boots

January 6th, 2010  
ctayfor

Charles Upham. I met him once and he was a quiet, confidently earnest and obviously competent man who had not the slightest trace of B/S about him.
January 27th, 2010  
Johnny_Marvin

Can't believe that no one has put down Major Robert Henry Cain VC. He destroyed 6 German tanks (4 of them Tiger tanks) by himself!

"The finest Victoria Cross of the whole war." - LT Col Derrick Mchardy

Also, Captain Noel Godfrey Chavasse VC& Bar, MC.

Captain Albert Jacka VC, MC & Bar

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel Pour le Mérite & Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.

Captain Vasily Zaytsev Hero of the Soviet Union & Order of Lenin.

Colonel John Rouse Merriott Chard VC

Lieutenant-Colonel Thomas Edward Lawrence(of Arabia), Companion of the Order of the Bath, Distinguished Service Order, Légion d'honneur & croix de guerre.
February 27th, 2010  
Guaporense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Texan
As I said earlier, real men make hard choices. In 2001 Pat Tillman's arse kicking would take a turn after the attacks of September 11th. In retaliation to the cowardly attack by AL Qaeda, Tillman joined the U.S. Army as an elite Army Ranger. Not only did he turn down a multi-year, multi-million dollar NFL contract to go kill our wofe beating sub-human friends known as the Taliban, but he also turned down the position as an officer so he could get some real blood on his hands. It is choices and actions like this that define the word hero. Sadly, and almost unbelievably, Tillman was killed in action. He most likely went died in the midst of some incomprehensible feat of heroics. This makes him a hero, he turned down things that most people would steal and kill for and died defending our freedom. With the details sketchy I think it's safe to assume Tillman went down amongst a pile of hundreds if not thousands of dead Taliban soldiers. Many of these soldiers no doubt suffered broken arms, legs, necks and other grotesque blunt force trauma as Tillman probably at some point spent the last of his ammunition and had to confront the enemy army with his bare hands. One can only imagine how many bullets it must have taken to bring him down.
I think that it wasn't exactly the smartest decision to make.
--
Boots
February 27th, 2010  
Guaporense

Hum, the Greatest Soldier of All Time? Alexander the Great for sure. It's like somebody woke up on one morning and thought: Now I feel like conquering the world. And did it. Forever to be without equal.
February 27th, 2010  
Chukpike

Gunga Din, By far.
April 2nd, 2010  
SGT Long

I've always been torn between Otto Skorzany and Bob Howard.
April 2nd, 2010  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Texan
The best soldiers, and the best heroes, are the soldiers who didnt come home, didnt have children, didnt grow old, because they died for our freedom.
Thank you for saying this.

And I will add: The Soldiers who stand by the family and the friends of those who do not return. The Soldiers who come home to mourn, but then go to war knowing that a brother has been lost and they could be next.

I have many, many great Soldiers in my life, and to choose just one would be impossible.
April 2nd, 2010  
Czin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/2nd Lt Robot
Any Marine, Soldier, Sailor, and Airmen is the greatest as long as they do their duty.
There can only be one greatest soldier by definition, and that soldier is Julius Caeser.
April 6th, 2010  
MSG Glenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czin
There can only be one greatest soldier by definition, and that soldier is Julius Caeser.
Et tu Brute? Good soldiers don't forget to wear their body armor.

My vote is MAJ Robert Rogers of Roger's Rangers fame. His Rules of Rangers are just as applicable today as they were in 1776.
April 7th, 2010  
jacquesscott

He Cheated...