Greatest Battlefield Commander of the Allies in World War II

Who was the Best and Brightest Battlefield Commander of the Allies of WW2?

• General Omar Bradley (USA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • General Douglas MacArthur (USA)

• General Dwight D Eisenhower (USA)

• Field Marshall Georgii K Zhukov (USSR)

• Field Marshal Ivan Konev (USSR)

• General Nikolai Fedorovich Vatutin (USSR)

• Field Marshall Philippe Leclerc (France)

• Total voters
Well good to see he did! That's a nice website about him. I liked this line best.

Then Slim relates at one critical point in the retreat in a jungle clearing he came across a unit which was in a bad way. "I took one look at them and thought "My God, they’re worse than I supposed." then I saw why. I walked round the corner of that clearing and I saw officers making themselves a bivouac. They were just as exhausted as their men, but that isn’t my point. Officers are there to lead. I tell you, therefore, as officers, that you will neither eat, nor drink, nor sleep, nor smoke, nor even sit down until you have personally seen that your men have done those things. If you will do this for them, they will follow you to the end of the world. And, if you do not, I will break you."

The General stepped down from the ammunition box and replaced his hat. The division rose as one man, and cheered him. A few weeks later, these troops were to cross the frontier river at the point Slim had led his indomitable, ragged rearguard three years before. They dug up the tank guns which the old army had buried there when they abandoned their tanks, and they used those guns to blast open the road to Mandalay.

I'd say both Patton and MacArthur because they both did a crack job in their respective theatres of WW2.In effect they were the 2 best commanders the allies had because they both had stuided Militery History and knew how to use tatics to beat their opponets.

Back