Greater Turkey US point of entry into Iran

Misty

As I posted earlier, one way of getting a land army into Iran would be to help the Free Syrian Army, on condition that they allowed transit of a land invasion force thru Syria onto Kudish area of Iraq then into Iran.
However there may well be the problem of a double cross.
An alternative route, the more direct and practicle would be thru Turkey using the Mediterranean ports. If the Turkish Army was invoved then Iran would be a walk over. But why should Turkey help? Greater Turkey! What we call the Turks are in fact the Western Turks. There are vast Turkish nations in the East: Azerbaijan,Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan etc. What has stopped the formation of a Greater Turkey is the geographical presence of Iran. The Irony is that Nortern Iran is predominanty Turkish ( although Shia. ) The invasion of Iran jointly with America would allow the Turks to form a seperate nation under their control which would form a corridor to Azerbaijan and Central Asia. In time A great Turkish nation could be physically formed.

Why should Turkey help, now their country would be in the firing line and not the US, and if every thing went well what would be in it for Turkey. No doubt the US would wind up running the oil companies in Iran.

Turkey nor the US have any intrests in invading Iran. Turkey is scared to death for a Kurdish homeland that's why they are very friendly with the Iraqi Kurds and propably will come to their aid if the going gets tough in Kirkuk for the control of the oil fields.

Why should Turkey help, now their country would be in the firing line and not the US, and if every thing went well what would be in it for Turkey. No doubt the US would wind up running the oil companies in Iran.

The US has no interest at all in the Iranian oil fields, just as they had no interest in the Iraqi oil fields. Only two US companies (Exxon Mobil and Occidental Petroleum) have an oil license with Bagdad. Malaysia and Japan have four and China, South Korea and Turkey each have three. With the Kurdistan Regional Government the US has 9 licenses as does Turkey, Canada has 14 and South Korea 12. (Musings On Iraq)

Media reports that the US makes war for oil is a big lie.

Why would Turkey to help the USA? Remember the second PGW, the Turkish Government did not want the US forces to fly through their airspace! The Kurds and some members of the Turkish government might not mind but, the people of Turkey, (mosty muslim) would have no part of it.

Read what I have written. Turkey would become a vast nation, with the greatest natural resources and with a population only second to Indonesia. It would become the most powerful Islamic Nation and the natural leader of the Islamic world. All it needs to do after steam rolling Iran ( with American help ) is to incorporate Northern Iran as an enlarged Azerbaijan. The rump Sia Iran would present no troubles as a Shia nation it has no fiends in the Muslim world. Of course if it gets the A bomb this would then be another matter......

Misty.....They can incorporate who ever they like but what happens if the people of that land don't want to cooperate in this venture and decide to carry out a guerrilla war that can go on for ever.

Misty, I still disagree with your opinion. I have read what what you have written and I don't agree. I do agree with LeEnfield and VDKMS, that this would a bad move regardless of the reasons.
The neighboring countries and in particular Russia would be highly upset. One more time the US military forces are within 150mi. of Russia's border, again. Russia went along with the PGW #1, because the incentives ($$$) the USA gave Russia to not object loudly and the US coalition would expelled the army of Iraq in 1991 and again when the coalition went into Iraq and, again in 2003. In 1991 all it would have taken to break-up the coalition completely was to have Israeli AF to retaliate for the scud missile attacks. In 2003 the people of Turkey would not go along with US troops be based in Turkey, many cities had large protest. No matter how you dress this up, this would be pure naked aggression by the US against Iran and there would not be any valid excuse to invade.
There are many national leaders in the region who are far more friendly to the US than the civilians they govern. In 2004 a survey was done to find out how the average citizen in Kuwait felt about the USA. The average Kuwait felt they wanted nothing to do with the US invasion of Iraq. Kuwait felt obligated because the USA (in 1991) led a coalition that removed the Iraqis. They also felt the Twin Towers were destroyed because of the sins of America.
The only thing I could think of that legitimately brings in the USA, is the start a war in which if Iran launches nuclear armed missiles to Israel. At that point, the entire region would be in flames.

Misty, I still disagree with your opinion. I have read what what you have written and I don't agree. I do agree with LeEnfield and VDKMS, that this would a bad move regardless of the reasons.
The neighboring countries and in particular Russia would be highly upset. One more time the US military forces are within 150mi. of Russia's border, again. Russia went along with the PGW #1, because the incentives ($$$) the USA gave Russia to not object loudly and the US coalition would expelled the army of Iraq in 1991 and again when the coalition went into Iraq and, again in 2003. In 1991 all it would have taken to break-up the coalition completely was to have Israeli AF to retaliate for the scud missile attacks. In 2003 the people of Turkey would not go along with US troops be based in Turkey, many cities had large protest. No matter how you dress this up, this would be pure naked aggression by the US against Iran and there would not be any valid excuse to invade.
There are many national leaders in the region who are far more friendly to the US than the civilians they govern. In 2004 a survey was done to find out how the average citizen in Kuwait felt about the USA. The average Kuwait felt they wanted nothing to do with the US invasion of Iraq. Kuwait felt obligated because the USA (in 1991) led a coalition that removed the Iraqis. They also felt the Twin Towers were destroyed because of the sins of America.
The only thing I could think of that legitimately brings in the USA, is the start a war in which if Iran launches nuclear armed missiles to Israel. At that point, the entire region would be in flames.
I take it that upsetting the Russians was part of Misty's idea. Still as the Wally lost I would think it's a bit pointless continuing this thread unless there are some ambitious Turks out there who don't wish to end up as German slaves?

Back