Great marine qoutes

devilwasp

Banned
This aint strictly military but it is sort of, the qoute is from the film "aliens" about the coloniel marines there.

"Sgt. A. Apone: All right people, what are you waiting for, breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune. Every formation a parade. I love the corps "

OOHRah

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" -GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!" -FERDINAND FOCH

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!" -CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"The more MARINES I have around the better I like it!" -GEN. MARK CLARK, US.ARMY

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!" -MAJ. HOLDREDGE

"A ship without MARINES is like a garment without buttons." -ADM. DAVID PORTER, USN

"The MARINES have landed and have the situation well in hand!" -RICHARD HARDING DAVIS

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: we are winning!" -COL. DAVID M. SHOUP, USMC

"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence." -GEN. JOHNSON, US.ARMY

"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a MARINE CORPS for the next 500 years." -JAMES FORRESTAL, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

"Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" -GySgt. DANIEL DALY, USMC

"We're not retreating, Hell! We're just attacking in different direction!" -GEN. OLIVER SMITH, USMC

"I have just returned from visiting the MARINES at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!" -GEN. DOUGLAS MACARTHUR, US.ARMY

"Teufelhunde! (Devil Dogs)" -GERMAN SOLDIERS, WW1 at BELLEAU WOOD

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!" -CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

"Retreat hell! We just got here!" -CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of MARINES. LORD, how they could fight!" -MAJ. GEN. FRANK LOWE, US.ARMY

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES." -CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

Re: OOHRah

AmericanSweetheart said:
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!" -GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!" -FERDINAND FOCH

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!" -CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"The more MARINES I have around the better I like it!" -GEN. MARK CLARK, US.ARMY

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!" -MAJ. HOLDREDGE

"A ship without MARINES is like a garment without buttons." -ADM. DAVID PORTER, USN

"The MARINES have landed and have the situation well in hand!" -RICHARD HARDING DAVIS

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency: we are winning!" -COL. DAVID M. SHOUP, USMC

"I can never again see a UNITED STATES MARINE without experiencing a feeling of reverence." -GEN. JOHNSON, US.ARMY

"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a MARINE CORPS for the next 500 years." -JAMES FORRESTAL, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY

"Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?" -GySgt. DANIEL DALY, USMC

"We're not retreating, h**l! We're just attacking in different direction!" -GEN. OLIVER SMITH, USMC

"I have just returned from visiting the MARINES at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!" -GEN. DOUGLAS MACARTHUR, US.ARMY

"Teufelhunde! (Devil Dogs)" -GERMAN SOLDIERS, WW1 at BELLEAU WOOD

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards won't get away this time!" -CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"We have two companies of MARINES running all over this island and thousands of ARMY troops doing nothing!" -GEN. JOHN VESSEY, CHAIRMAN OF JOINT CHIEFS

"Retreat h**l! We just got here!" -CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of MARINES. LORD, how they could fight!" -MAJ. GEN. FRANK LOWE, US.ARMY

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES." -CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." -PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

Excellent quotes. :D

Re: OOHRah

AmericanSweetheart said:

I believe this with all my heart. And I think we get closer to it happening every day. :cry:

I like this one.

picture16.jpg

Back