A Great Christmas Card Idea

DTop

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]One more card surely won't hurt and could mean more than you could imagine to a recovering soldier.

When you are making out your Christmas card list this year,

Please include the following:

A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001
[/FONT]

Nice. But I'd feel embarrassed to send it. Heck, the guy would be asking, "what the heck is this guy not doing in Iraq/Afghanistan?"

Nice. But I'd feel embarrassed to send it. Heck, the guy would be asking, "what the heck is this guy not doing in Iraq/Afghanistan?"
No he wouldn't. He'd be happy to see that someone out here cares enough about the veterans to send some good wishes along with a card to someone they never met and probably never will. In some cases that'll be the only cards that veteran will get from anyone.
Trust me, the last thing a recovering vet want to think about is someone else having to go into harm's way. I'd feel embarrassed not to send at least one card.

we are doing this at my school. they have cards and we can fill one out and they will send them in for us. it is really great.:salute2:bb

Alas, Top et al -- this is a no-go:

http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/Lists/WRNews/DispForm.aspx?Id=25&

It was a nice thought, though...
Well I guess safety is first and foremost, especially in this day and age. I will relay that info to my contacts, thanks for the update.

Update: We contacted WRAMC and they said we could use the following address:

Walter Reed Army Medical Center
ATTN: Soldier Family Assistance Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington , D.C. 20307-5001

Last edited:
Back