Gratitude salute.....very cool!

jillyz12

My friend just sent me this link and the video is fantastic. It really answers the question of how us civilians can express our gratitude anytime we happen to see one of our troops out and about.

Somebody told me once to just go up to them and give them a big hug to say thank you. Well, that sounds very nice, but I don't possess the confidence to embrace a total stranger on the street....not to mention the fact that that particular soldier may not WANT that kind of contact from a stranger, either.

I hope this catches on and becomes a universally recognized gesture to everyone, civilian and military alike. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

Hmmm... the thought is good but I think a lot of folks would actually miss the significance of the hand signal.

I suppose if you mouthed the words "Thank You" along with it, it would be easier for us ASL challenged types to understand. I usually just say "Thank you for your service".

or you could just do what a kid did to me the other day, just say thank you.
I was at work, didn't have my normal A's hat on it was dirty so I wore my old hat from the Navy, a little 3rd grader cam up to me out of nowhere, stood ther looking at me and said "thank you sir"

Ever seen an old combat helo mechanic cry?

Very good. Respectful. Sometimes there's no even need for words or gestures. A good look in the face is enough... and it's the best salute!

It was a very good movie clip!!

Back