Grades

SmallTownHopeful

I am in 9th grade and want to go to the Naval Academy in Annapolis. I am used to getting straight A(s), but I think the burden will be heavy, since I'm now in high school. Plus, I'm joining a military youth group, and the debate team sometime in the future. What are your thoughts on this issue?

SmallTownHopeful said:
I am in 9th grade and want to go to the Naval Academy in Annapolis. I am used to getting straight A(s), but I think the burden will be heavy, since I'm now in high school. Plus, I'm joining a military youth group, and the debate team sometime in the future. What are your thoughts on this issue?

Make sure you work twice as hard in High School. I was like you and my freshman year I got a 3.0 GPA. I now am correcting for it with AP classes

navval acd

it is not only good grades but the whole man concept. do community service, join the boy scouts (eagle scouts lloks good on your resume).Remember that you have to impress a congressman or senator. Or have a dad who won the medal of horor, they get an automatic free pass if qualified.

The more extracurricular stuff you do outside of school, and the awards or certifications to go along with it the better off you are. As was posted above, they look at the whole person and not just his education.

Back