Grade your Military Report Cards.

Red_Army

Here are the top 10 Military Powers of the World. You will give a grade from a A, B, C+, C, C-, and F.

USA
Army A
Airforce A
Navy A

China
Army A
Airforce C+
Navy C-

India
Army A
Airforce C
Navy C

United Kingdom
Army A
Airforce B
Navy C+

Japan
Army B
Airforce B
Navy B

North Korea
Army A
Airforce C-
Navy C

South Korea
Army A
Airforce B
Navy B

Russia
Army B
Airforce C+
Navy C-

Pakistan
Army C+
Airforce C
Navy F

Taiwan
Army B
Airforce B
Navy C+

My military report card says: "very active in sports, plays well with others, very vocal in class." :lol:

Im amazed how you graded the north korean army and navy higher than Russia's. Russia is stronger than you may think.

i would grade russia like this:
Army: B+
Airforce: B
Navy: C

As for china, i wouldn't grade its army as A. Same with india.

India
Army: A
Air Force: B
Navy: C+

China
Army: A
AirForce: B-
Navy: C

Russia
Army: B
Air Force: B
Navy: B+

The NK Army is definately not a grade A army.
Their special operations wing is, but the rest of their army is rather lousy.

United Kingdom
Army A
Airforce B
Navy C+

First of all, the Royal Navy still remains as world class Navy. Deserves to receieve a A- instead.

United Kingdom
Army A
Airforce B
Navy A-

North Korea
Army A
Airforce C-
Navy C

The Army is over-rated. The airforce again is overrated. The Navy too is overrated.

North Korea
Army B-
Airforce D
Navy D

Russia
Army B
Airforce C+
Navy C-

I concur that Russia is being underrated. I've given the Navy a C+ because of poor conditions of the Soviet Era Hulls due to budget constraints. Although the Russians were able to create fabulous demonstration weapons, many of them were not fielded or purchased by the Russian Military.

Russia
Army A
Airforce B
Navy C+

Pakistan
Army C+
Airforce C
Navy F

Red Army, you have underestimated Pakistan's abilities. The Pakistani Army is very well equipped and well trained to suit their abilities to conduct missions.

Pakistan
Army B
Airforce C
Navy D+

China
Army A
Airforce C+
Navy C-

Certainly the Army is A I quite agree. However the Airforce is still below western air forces in terms of technology but it's effectiveness comes from the sheer numbers of combat aircraft they have. The Navy are in better conditions because of the surge of new ships PLAN have just recently acquired and are scrapping old ships.

The People's Republic of China
Army A
Airforce B
Navy B-

India
Army A
Airforce C
Navy C

I think you too have overrated the Indian Army because there are many concerns regarding to technical issues with the weapons they use. Second of all India is not considered to be a land power like China and Russia. The Airforce is quite exceptional although they are still in the same shoes as China. Naval capabilities are somewhat the main reasons India became a Regional power in South East Asia.

India
Army B+
Airforce B
Navy B

I actually can't believe you have left out Germany, France, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel, South Africa. How about these nations?

Naval capabilities are somewhat the main reasons India became a Regional power in South East Asia.

India is a South Asian country...doesn't belong to south east asia

India doesn't have much influence over South East Asia except in the Bay of Bengal region ..countries like Myanmar and western Indonesia

The South Asian countries are Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Maldives
All the above nations combined cannot match neither the amount nor the quality of india's armed forces
Now, i don't quite know what made you say only because of the Naval power India could become a regional power....

Second of all India is not considered to be a land power like China and Russia

With the second largest army after China I don't quite agree with that.

I don't quite know how are you ppl grading these militaries...based on effective strength in a war ?...or based on the quality of equipment , training .etc ?

If you are grading them based on all the factors combined...then I don't agree with this --

UK
Army A

India
Army B+

UK might have better equipment ...but the number is way too small to face a massive army
UK's main strength being an island nation lies in its navy
India's main strength lies in its army...doesn't face any naval threat like China (from Japan), etc..

Also I think you ppl are underestimating North Korea's navy with a D class grading.

Xion said:
Naval capabilities are somewhat the main reasons India became a Regional power in South East Asia.

India is a South Asian country...doesn't belong to south east asia

India doesn't have much influence over South East Asia except in the Bay of Bengal region ..countries like Myanmar and western Indonesia

The South Asian countries are Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Maldives
All the above nations combined cannot match neither the amount nor the quality of india's armed forces
Now, i don't quite know what made you say only because of the Naval power India could become a regional power....

Second of all India is not considered to be a land power like China and Russia

With the second largest army after China I don't quite agree with that.

I don't quite know how are you ppl grading these militaries...based on effective strength in a war ?...or based on the quality of equipment , training .etc ?

If you are grading them based on all the factors combined...then I don't agree with this --

UK
Army A

India
Army B+

UK might have better equipment ...but the number is way too small to face a massive army
UK's main strength being an island nation lies in its navy
India's main strength lies in its army...doesn't face any naval threat like China (from Japan), etc..

Also I think you ppl are underestimating North Korea's navy with a D class grading.

I grade these armies through equipment, basic training, and Modern concepts of ORBAT. I'm not referring to the effectiveness of these armies in war. I can't judge upon their effectivenesss in battle because these nations were never involved in conflict between each other right now.

the_13th_redneck said:
North Korea's navy is a D Class. Basically in the event of a war, their Navy is almost a non-factor from day 1.

North Korea do have a Navy. Several Destroyers and numerous fast attack crafts. It is true that the North Korean Navy pose no threat to South Korea's Navy. There have been reports of South Korean Coast Guard Vessels sinking N. Korean attack crafts during 2002.

I was in Korea in 2002 when that attack happened. The North Koreans were upset that we were doing well in the World Cup so wanted to put or celebrations to a bit of a halt.
What I meant was non-factor was not that it's non existent. It's just that it's not a serious problem that needs dealing with in terms of being the navy itself. The only problem it poses is special forces infiltration. That is significant. But it is a special forces threat, not really a reason to raise the Navy's grade.

From what I have remembered several months ago. The estimated number of North Korean Special Forces soldiers is 500,000.

The numbers are misleading.
Some say it's over 100,000. Some say it's 50,000, others have curiously averaged it to 75,000.
So which is it?
We won't know.
I think the actual number of the BEST people will number probably closer to 20,000 at BEST. And the rest will probably be ranger-type units. And as for the rest of the 100,000, probably decoys.

Knightraptor said:
I think the North Korean grading may need some evaluation...

If you are so sure North Korea doesn't have A-class soldiers, why not go to war with them and find out. Did I mention they are trained to fight to the death, unlike Iraqi soldiers! Their loyalty to Kim Jong Il is even more important than family. Their only weakness is their aging military equipment!

Red_Army said:
Knightraptor said:
I think the North Korean grading may need some evaluation...

If you are so sure North Korea doesn't have A-class soldiers, why not go to war with them and find out. Did I mention they are trained to fight to the death, unlike Iraqi soldiers! Their loyalty to Kim Jong Il is even more important than family. Their only weakness is their aging military equipment!

Hey Red_Army, be like fonzi! Cool. So chill out :p

I'm not saying NK is a army you can sweep aside, i'm just saying its not an A-class army, since most of its equipment is outdated and such. And who would go to war just to see if "they have good soldiers."

Back