Gotta love it

March 30th, 2008  
doc

Topic: Gotta love it

Gotta love it
Bernstein: Hillary Sniper Lie Watershed

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:28 PM

By: Newsmax Staff Article Font Size
Hillary Clinton’s misstatement about her 1996 visit to Bosnia is a “watershed event” that Carl Bernstein says reaffirms what he wrote in his Hillary biography — that she “has always had a difficult relationship with the truth.”
Clinton admitted that she "misspoke" last week when she said that as first lady she had landed under sniper fire during the Bosnia trip.
In a Bernstein article that appears on the blog of CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, he quotes from “A Woman in Charge,” his 2007 Clinton bio:
“She has often chosen to obfuscate, omit, and avoid. It is an understatement by now that she has been known to apprehend truths about herself and the events of her life that others do not exactly share…
“Almost always, something holds her back from telling the whole story, as if she doesn’t trust the reader, listener, friend, interviewer, constituent — or perhaps herself — to understand the true significance of events.”
Bernstein writes on Cooper’s blog: “The Bosnian episode is a watershed event, because it indelibly brings to mind so many examples of this tendency — from the White House years and, worse, from Hillary Clinton’s take-no-prisoners presidential campaign. Her record as a public person is replete with ‘misstatements’ and elisions and retracted and redacted and revoked assertions.”
Hillary’s misstatement about Bosnia conjures up “another famous instance of faulty recollection,” Bernstein writes.
In January 1995, Hillary had just published her book “It Takes a Village,” which according to Bernstein was intended to redeem Clinton after, among other things, the failure of her healthcare program, Whitewater, and the Travel Office firings she ordered but denied ordering.
On her book tour, she was asked on National Public Radio about the discovery that week of “missing” billing records related to the Whitewater affair. Clinton said she had disclosed all relevant documents related to Whitewater, including “every document we had,” to the New York Times before the newspaper ran its original Whitewater story during Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential campaign.
“Even her closest aides — as in the case of the Bosnian episode 18 years later — could not imagine what possessed her to say such a thing,” Bernstein observes.
“It was simply not true … The White House was forced — once again — to acknowledge the first lady had been ‘mistaken’ … and Times columnist Bill Safire that month coined the memorable characterization of Hillary Clinton as a ‘congenital liar.’”
Bernstein again quotes from his book: “Almost always, Hillary has stood for good things. Yet there is a disconnect between her convictions and her words and actions. This is where Hillary disappoints. But the jury remains out. She still has time to prove her case, to effectuate those things that make her special, not fear them or camouflage them.”
Bernstein concludes: “The jury — armed with definitive evidence like the CBS tape of Hillary Clinton’s Bosnian adventure — seems on the verge of returning a negative verdict on her candidacy.”
March 30th, 2008  
doc

The video footage of her coming of the helo is priceless heheh
March 30th, 2008  
major liability

Every politician does such things.
--
Gotta love it
March 30th, 2008  
LeEnfield

I can never understand why a person with such high profile would do this or make such a claim. Surely they know that every one will be checking every bit of Newsreel looking for the incident and if it had not taken place then they would look foolish to say the least
March 30th, 2008  
The Other Guy

I believe at one point Regan said that he was a part of D-Day... when he was actually somewhere in California.
April 1st, 2008  
doc

Its just funny to see on the news shes so serious when shes talkin about the sniper fire she encountered and then they show her takin her sweet time waving as she actually exits the helo.

If your the 1st lady you should know better the camera is ALWAYS watchin you lol.
April 2nd, 2008  
mmarsh

As TOG said, ALL POLITICANS LIE.

At least nobody died because of this. We are still paying 4000+ lives and $600 Billion spent compared to the lies told 5 years ago
April 4th, 2008  
AZ_Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
As TOG said, ALL POLITICANS LIE.

At least nobody died because of this. We are still paying 4000+ lives and $600 Billion spent compared to the lies told 5 years ago
I find this a rather sad way to once again platform your political beliefs and disgust with the war. I don't mean to jump on you, I really don't.

But you're an adult, and obviously a very educated one - I always enjoy your posts (when you're NOT pulling this nonsense out of your butt, LOL). We don't argue red herring fallacies, mmarsh. You're way better than that.

Iraq may have been had lies attached to it, yes. In fact, correct me if I am wrong, Cheney all-but admitted to profiteering, yes?

But, wait, what's this I see? Hillary's name on the same exact piece of paper sending us to Iraq as George Bush's and Dick Cheney's? So not only is she a liar -- a bald-faced liar that covered the lie with more lies (misspeak, mmm hmm, yeah right) -- she's fully a hypocrite. Or just too stupid to know what she was signing. So you choose: Stupid or liar and a hypocrite? All 3, IMO.

Now that I am done taunting you for a third time (your mother still smells of elderberries)...

Yes, all politicians lie. When one is caught in a lie, changing the conversation to another politician's lie is blatant red herring to change the subject. "Oh, I know my son hit your son, but your son started a fight 5 years ago!"

Let's not do that, bro - that's way too much like mainstream media bias.

Leave the blame where it lies (heh, pun intended, bro). Hillary is a liar and a hypocrite. All proven. I am NOT a GW fan, but this country is doomed if that b!tch gets into office. Doomed. I'll be headed to Australia.

Again, not laying into to you - not meaning to, at any rate, and I'd ask you accept my admonishment as the friendly banter and correction back to reality it is meant to be. I like you. You have conviction, a trait sadly lacking in many so-called men today... and people in general. I appreciate that conviction.

But not every place is the soapbox. You and I both would do well to try and remember that a bit more, don't you think?

EDIT: Forgot the toasting smiley
April 4th, 2008  
major liability

I think mmarsh is right to bring it up. It's serious business when someone screws the whole country.
April 4th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Infantry
But, wait, what's this I see? Hillary's name on the same exact piece of paper sending us to Iraq as George Bush's and Dick Cheney's? So not only is she a liar -- a bald-faced liar that covered the lie with more lies (misspeak, mmm hmm, yeah right) -- she's fully a hypocrite. Or just too stupid to know what she was signing. So you choose: Stupid or liar and a hypocrite? All 3, IMO.
So you are saying that the victims of fraud are as guilty as the perpetrators?

I hear a lot of this "but they voted for the invasion of Iraq now they have jumped ship" argument and it intrigues me as to how it stands up given the majority that jumped ship jumped once it became apparent that the data they made their decision on was dodgy at best.