You gotta love Russia

Why oh why have we been ignoring these guys for the past eight years?

They may not be the superpower they once were, but they are smart about what they have.

But they do know how to deal with terrorists. There is always something you can learn from someone, no matter how horrible they might be. The Russian government is no different than it has ever been but the people of Russia are incredible. One day they will grow tired of the status quo and there will be a civil war that will bring them what they deserve. Until then... c'est la vie.

But they do know how to deal with terrorists.

Yeah you could call it zero tolerance. Back in the 80's when everyone was getting kidnapped in Beirut they only kidnapped a Soviet one time. He was released 2 days later. Something about heads being delivered to people by Spetnaz teams..............or at least thats what I heard.

Yeah you could call it zero tolerance. Back in the 80's when everyone was getting kidnapped in Beirut they only kidnapped a Soviet one time. He was released 2 days later. Something about heads being delivered to people by Spetnaz teams..............or at least thats what I heard.

Funny, I too heard about that incident.
The captors found themselves all out of friends in a hurry.

Can you give me a link to somewhere with information on that please? Sounds like a good read.

What are the chances that Medvedev and Putin didnt want them sucking dust?

Personally, it seems pretty uhh, low.

I dont have a link but it has been on tv and many other places.
just to make things short - 2 diplomats(I think) soviet diplomats were kidnapped and as usual the muslis said we will kill em etc etc etc.

spetsnaz team arrives at the city, they catch members of the group that did the kidnapping and "Четвертовали" them that means they cut off their hands legs and finally the head and threw it all in bags, then send em to the leader of the group and said that they and their family's are next. there were no demands made by the soviets. next morning the diplomats found them selfs left on some abandond road free.

happy end hollywood style.

Can you give me a link to somewhere with information on that please? Sounds like a good read.

What are the chances that Medvedev and Putin didnt want them sucking dust?

Personally, it seems pretty uhh, low.

No link to it that I know of , some things aren't posted on the net. I'm assuming that KJ heard from the same type people I did and I in no way doubt the ones that told me.

That would have happened on ethier Andropov's or Gorby's watch.

I dont have a link but it has been on tv and many other places.
just to make things short - 2 diplomats(I think) soviet diplomats were kidnapped and as usual the muslis said we will kill em etc etc etc.

spetsnaz team arrives at the city, they catch members of the group that did the kidnapping and "Четвертовали" them that means they cut off their hands legs and finally the head and threw it all in bags, then send em to the leader of the group and said that they and their family's are next. there were no demands made by the soviets. next morning the diplomats found them selfs left on some abandond road free.

happy end hollywood style.

There goes my beleif that Spetsnaz are useless for hostage situations.

If what you said is true, then that is badass.

There goes my beleif that Spetsnaz are useless for hostage situations.

If what you said is true, then that is badass.

I know one Russian Marine who spent a couple tours in Chechnya who very vocally sings the merits of Spetznaz's anti-terror capabilities. Just from what he's described witnessing I have a healthy respect for them.

That Moscow theater thing was just really unfortunate and I don't think the error lay in the operators' side of the raid.
The raid itself was executed very well.
It was the responders who were supposed to deal with the poisoned -but freed- hostages that really screwed up.
I can't find the photo and it'd be nice if some folks helped find it. It was of the hostages lying down on their backs outside of the theater not being properly attended to. A common reaction to various chemical attacks is vomiting even if it isn't an agent designed to induce vomiting. I don't know if their chemical agent induced vomiting, but if it did, it would explain the high number of hostage casualties sustained in that attack. On their backs with their heads looking up, they would have been unconscious drowning in their own vomit.
Meanwhile I think Spetznaz were busy finishing off securing the building.

take it from spetsnaz....that's how you do it, the only thing these people understand is force

I disagree, they are seriously the no.1 champions at systema. Id crap my pants just to even poke one of them. If i did, my arm would hjave detached from my body before I knew what happened [Exagerated]

I know one Russian Marine who spent a couple tours in Chechnya who very vocally sings the merits of Spetznaz's anti-terror capabilities. Just from what he's described witnessing I have a healthy respect for them.

Can you send me a PM about some of the stuff he is saying? Sounds wunderbar. Thanks in advance.

I think Spetnatz are one of the best units in the world. They act like the government say, just that, they are militaries.

Other is the way Russian government acts, every country do it by themself, methods are on discussion, perhaps rest of world is horrorized about Cia, Mossad, etc, etc methods, but they just serve their government orders.

The only difference is that some countries are under continuous suspect and others don´t.

Talibans have existed and done the same for a long time, until 11S nobody did anything...now we do. We are manipulated by news. Do you think Spanish troops don´t kill people in Afghanistan? Our President say we are in peace mission just spreading happiness and sandwiches, but when you talk with friends there they talk about combats, ambushes, etc...and they shoot and kill aswell (quite normal in that situation, but I also understand that a farmer in middle of desert who lives under religion and talibans influence can only see us like invaders, because he doesn´t understand of politics))

Russians have decided not to negociate with terrorists, so that´s their way. Good or bad? I don´t know, perhaps if I was some kind of russian hostage I will burn my brain thinking of it.

About human rights... we don´t even know what really happens in every country, just in Spain a little ago where shown photos of policemen hitting seriously prisioners, we all have seen the photos of Iraq jails with american soldiers, don´t wanna talk about the muslims jails ( I lived in north Africa for 3 years)...the Chinese, etc, etc.

We only see the top of the iceberg.

Russia do things on it´s way, I don´t clap that, but other countries do it in same way, if manipulating news we were all time showing things of what happens in all countries we will absulutely think bad of everybodybody, for sure.

Best

take it from spetsnaz....that's how you do it, the only thing these people understand is force

hahahah so american. they are precise and well coordinated. often lack support and intelegence now days but not n soviet times.

as for the theather - they did a great job and the only problem was is nobody said what the gas type it was + the went systems could not distribute the gas evenly so people closer to wents got more gas.

not a single bomb went off and all the bandits were killed. great job.

any one wants to start a topic about beslan and the bad job done there, bring it on american professionalism fanboys.

tell me hostige situations ever accuring like that somewhere in the world with hostige takers being the ones as islamist fanatics?

only thing is close to it is the embassy in london and there were few terrorists poorly armed and not determined to lay death.

chechnya....hmmm well islamists crusified some of our privates and beheaded them and also cut off their genitiles.

thats when our man beheaded them and placed their heads on pikes also very popular thing amongst battalion east men.
burned them, cut em up slowly, and many other wonderful atrocitys includng beheading :) and cutting up limb by limb and head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stewardess on Russian Aeroflot plane to lady passenger :- " Fasten your seat-belt!"

Lady :- "The buckle is broken!"

Stewardess, with a Russian shrug :- "Gather the straps and just tie the ends together, idiot!"

True story, according to todays's news. It has been announced that the air-line is to re-vamp its image.

Back