You Gotta Love Berlusconi/Italy

--

May 21st, 2004  
DTop

Topic: You Gotta Love Berlusconi/Italy

Thu May 20, 6:18 PM ET
ROME (AFP) - Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi strongly defended Italy's military presence in Iraq (news - web sites), slamming the opposition for demanding a withdrawal from the US-led coalition and accusing them of serving the interests of the "enemies of democracy".

"Italy will remain in Iraq and remain faithful to its military objectives for peace as long as the armed gangs are not defeated", he told parliament.

"Italy considers that it is its duty and its honor to remain to the very end at the side of those who defend the United Nations (news - web sites) Charter in Iraq," said Berlusconi, a day after talks with US President George W. Bush (news - web sites) in Washington.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_040520221801
May 22nd, 2004  
Redneck

Hooah!
Nice to have good friends, and allies that stick by you and do the right thing.
May 22nd, 2004  
Nero

Wow, I honestly wasn't sure if they were gonna stick with it. I'm glad they are!
--
May 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

You guys weren't really sure about it ? Well as long as our cool prime minister stays in office, Italy will not leave Iraq nor will it betray its allies.
May 24th, 2004  
Redneck

Honestly, how often do you hear a politician address the issue of what is the honorable thing for his country to do? It's nice to see every once in awhile.
May 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Honestly, how often do you hear a politician address the issue of what is the honorable thing for his country to do? It's nice to see every once in awhile.
He does it, sometimes. He is such a great man. Check him and Bush out here:

http://www.palazzochigi.it/GovernoIn...ord/foto2.html

Thats picture 2, but picture 4 is cool too.
May 24th, 2004  
Redneck

Looks like a pretty cheerful guy.
May 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Looks like a pretty cheerful guy.
He is the best. But let's stop this or they'll say we're going too far I guess. There must be a mod rule saying to not congratulate too much with someone. In case I'm afraid we've just infringed it. lol
May 24th, 2004  
Marksman

At last one normal politician in this POOF up world

Mod edit: Come on now, watch the language.
May 25th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Thanks Marsman but what do you mean normal ?