Gotta have a parrot

Charge 7

Master Gunner
There once was this guy who had always wanted a parrot, but couldn't afford one. Often he'd go into pet shops to watch the birds and dream of someday owning one.

One day at a pet shop he often frequented the pet store owner came over to him as he gazed into the cages and said,

"Hey, I notice you come in all the time and stare for hours at the parrots. Why don't you just buy one?

"I can't afford one" was the reply to which the pet shop owner said,

"Well I may have just the parrot for you. I can't sell him very easily because he was owned by a sailor for many years and has quite a salty vocabulary. Give me $10 and he's your's"

So the guy paid the man and went home delighted with his new parrot. It wasn't long, however, before the bird's cursing got on his nerves. Things finally came to a head one night when the guy finally had a hot date at home and the bird was swearing away and really ruining things for him. In frustration he grabbed the parrot, went into the kitchen and tossed the bird in the freezer and went back to his date.

They had a great time together and after he said good night and started to get ready for bed he suddenly remembered the parrot was still in the freezer. Rushing into the kitchen he opened the freezer door and was relieved to have the frost covered bird walk out and onto to the kitchen table without a word. Surprised at the parrot's silence he said,

"So you've finally learned your lesson eh? Not going to swear anymore now are ya? To which the parrot replied,

"Nope not going to swear ever again"

Satisfied the man started to turn for the bedroom when the parrot said,

"Can I ask one question?"

"Sure go ahead"

"What did the chicken do?"

Back