Got a USMC question.

Marine_in_05

I want to join up in a few months, str8 outta highschool, but alotta folks say I should go to college 1st. Which would you suggest? I will probably just join up.

I attempted two years of college and i wish i would have went into the Marine Corps right after highschool... the only thing i got out of the college trial and error time is advance in rank/paygrade... now i still have a month or so before i go to recruit training so i can't give you any details about anything else... if you want to get real specific about comparing the ups and downs pm me and we will talk... keep in mind results may vary

Bottom line is if he wants to be commissioned it is better to go to college and enroll in PLC or NROTC. His chances of recieving a 2nd Lt's commission is higher than enlisting and then applying for a limited number of MCECP slots.

If he does not want a Commission as his primary goal then enlisting out of HS is a viable option.

03USMC said:
Bottom line is if he wants to be commissioned it is better to go to college and enroll in PLC or NROTC. His chances of recieving a 2nd Lt's commission is higher than enlisting and then applying for a limited number of MCECP slots.

If he does not want a Commission as his primary goal then enlisting out of HS is a viable option.

03 is definitely right here, I was very lucky to have the chance at MCECP, most don't get the chance without getting out or staying in the reserve and finishing college then applying for a slot. THe next hardest thing was the Warrant boards.....

Back