Got me a question

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
I was a former Cadet in the Civil Air Patrol and also a former cadet in the US Army JROTC program. Does the Army have something like CAP? Something not school related. I'm looking into getting back into CAP, but as a former Army Infantry Soldier. I'd rather teach kids about the Army. Not that there's anything wrong with the CAP. It's a great program.

I have had the same Question since i have met CAP cadets, Sea Cadets, and Young Marines. But what about the Army? Well I do not know

True, but they have diffrent branches in one organization, and i think the navy section is the biggest one

Well, my thing is. That I wish to join as a Senior member. I can't join as a cadet. I'm too old for that. More than likely, I'll re-join CAP. But than again. I can also always become a Scout Master of a Boy Scout Troop.

5.56X45mm said:
Well, my thing is. That I wish to join as a Senior member. I can't join as a cadet. I'm too old for that. More than likely, I'll re-join CAP. But than again. I can also always become a Scout Master of a Boy Scout Troop.

Why not join both?

Beause I know how they both work. Both programs say that it's just two hours a week. LOL. That ain't the truth. I do have to work and go to school too.

5.56X45mm said:
Beause I know how they both work. Both programs say that it's just two hours a week. LOL. That ain't the truth. I do have to work and go to school too.

Well 2 hours minimum...

Nice try, I was once a cadet. I'm more than likely going to join CAP again. I've even spoken to my old cadet squadron. They do need a Senior member for the FTXs. And I do like camping.

Well lets Tally my day
Prep for meeting---1 hour
get there------------1 hour
there ----------------2.5 Hour
get home-----------.5 hours (less trafic)
total------------------5 hours
And thats just the meeting on tuesdays

Yup, that's just on tuesday...
I stand by my statement. But hey, I'm joining my old squadron. I already have written out the check. I just have to give to the Squadron Commander during tomorrow's meeting.

5.56X45mm said:
If only I could have known that before I joined. :roll:

The ACA is a good program, and they do have an army branch. what nice is they don't meet every week like CAP does, instead they meet 1 weekend out of the month, and they have 2 week encampments. I know a few people who are SM's and in charge (or at least high on their chain of command) out here and from what they tell me it's a good program. As to how busy you would be during the week because of it, I don't know. I have seen everything from it being like a full time to job to a hobby. Of course California is pretty big, so trying to keep track of units across the state would require a lot of traveling.

And good luck with rejoining.
Oh the joy's of CAP, college, and a dare I say life out side of the Sq.

Back