Got that itch again...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Well, I once again got that "I need a new gun itch" again. So I went and got myself a Ruger GP-141 4 inch Blued .357 Magnum Revolver.

Ahhhh it feels good to live in the South end of America. Where citizens can own what they want, how many they want, carry what they want, and not have the damn liberal anti-guns go after me.

MyRuger.jpg

She shoot like a dream as you can tell in the photo. Fits my hand very nicely and is one hell of a well built piece of American Steel. I love Smith & Wessons, but their new guns are just crap. All of my S&W revolvers were made before 1992 (expect for one gun). So Ruger has stopped the itch very nicely.

Nothing like the feel of a good, tight wheel gun, I have several myself. I don't need no stinking 16 rounds. .357 is a great all around cartridge and won't jam your joints like the .44 magnum.

My .357:

p7060007bi2.jpg

Certainly isn't a tack driver, and it wouldn't be my first choice for home defence, but it's a fun one to play with at the range.

While that is true in the abstract, some pistols are, as you are aware, far more accurate than others. With a Glock 19 my group at 25 meters looks quite a bit like the one pictured above. Same with a CZ75. Same with a CZ83. Jeff Cooper himself would have difficulty getting a consistently decent group with this particular pistol.

While yes, there are some firearms that are more accurate than others. I find that my Ruger is right on par with my S&W Model 66.

A question that don't shoot with guns that much, what was the distance of the practise 5.56? I would probebly not hit the wall haha, I'm more of a rifle person :)

I love the "your message is too short" bug.

AlexKall said:
A question that don't shoot with guns that much, what was the distance of the practise 5.56? I would probebly not hit the wall haha, I'm more of a rifle person :)
5.56X45mm said:
Oh before i forget, I took those shots at 25 yards.

Colt Single Action Army, best handgun ever made. 6 bullets, enough to kill anything that moves. I love the action of reloading.

I would give you 5 bucks if you found out who said it.

Back