I got bored....

5.56X45mm said:
That could be why the benelli failed because he treated it like crap. My Nova and M1 Super 90 has never failed me once. It has gone through a Argentinian dove hunt without a problem. And during those hunts. I have seen Remington, Browning, Franchi shotguns just breakdown.

Side Note - THe Remington was a Model 1187. The 870 Express and 870 Wingmaster have always lasted.
Yeah, before i got ahold of it, my 870 express ahd been used as everything from a wingshooter to a pirogue paddle. I don't doubt the benelli failing as a result of idiot treatment, but I wanna see one work well in action before I make a commitment. my brother's browning works great, even though we hunt in salt walter.

And I've read about Argentenian duck hunts, you drive a vehicle into the flock and start blasting away from what I understand.

Nothing near the truth about that.

The hunts I've been on in South America have been great.

The Dove hunting is insane. Just a crazy amount of dove flying in. And the duck hunting is wonderful.

For duck, you have a bag limit of thiry birds per hunt. That means you can get sixity a day. You still have to set up decoys and call them in. But the main difference between duck hunting in North America and South America is the number of birds. There is just more bird in South America due to the fact that they all fly south for winter and that most of the land is still farms. So the birds have a larger amount of food.

y'know, I gotta stop getting my foreign hunting experiences out of the "Last Laugh" section of outdoor Life. Thanks for the clarification. We have a limit of six per person down in south Louisiana.

My 870 never gave me any trouble when I hunted doves. It was built a little looser than a Benelli or some other fancy hand crafted gun. All that tight tolerancing is great if you stop and clean and oil the action every couple of hours of shooting in bad weather or dirty conditions.

wow...thats an insane collection...the only one i "own" is a glock .45....lol...I would wager that you pretty much kick my ars...lol

I guess my aversion to shotguns stems from the game I hunt: deer or squirrel. Neither, in my opinion, lend themselves well to the use of a shotgun. Iron sights and a single slug are more sporting, again, in my opinion. You might say I have something of a personal vendetta against the irritatingly overpopulated little beasties. In places I've lived, squirrels have caused no end of damage to my house, and I've smeared not one, but two, cars on deer the size of buffalo. Yeah, I exaggerate a bit, but that's about how big they look in your headlights just before you plow into them.

Ah, come on guys the beauty of the Benelli is enough. Just holding those dark Italian curves in your hands is just like having Monica Benelli in your arms... as you were children, carry on... ahem.
:oops:

Bulldogg, I think you have been in China for too long. 5.56x45, could you re-post the images? I never got tos see them.

thanks,

Dean.

bulldogg said:
Ah, come on guys the beauty of the Benelli is enough. Just holding those dark Italian curves in your hands is just like having Monica Benelli in your arms... as you were children, carry on... ahem.
:oops:

Whew! I pushed back from my desk and the top drawer came back with me. I think I'll hit the old shower.

Back