Gortex

--

December 23rd, 2004  
ruger322003

Topic: Gortex

will gortex get runed if it gets muddy i have a 1st sgt that says it does i know hes god but i think he is wrong can anybody tell me?
December 23rd, 2004  
Rocky_Raccoon

ahahh i really hope not or there will be thousands upon thousands of hunters that will be very disappointed ... for the simple answer no, they've been making hunting boots out of gortex "suppressant" fabric for years and i own a pair or two and trust me theve been through some hellacious mud and all you gotta do is wash them with a hose and there good as new. but blood on the other hand tends to stain...
December 23rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

You can spray them over with water repellent to maximize it's effectiveness. Heck, some of those sprays make an ordinary shoe almost as effective as gortex! Though without the insulation etc etc.
Gortex rules man.
--
December 23rd, 2004  
beardo

yeah its awesome....
December 24th, 2004  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon
ahahh i really hope not or there will be thousands upon thousands of hunters that will be very disappointed ... for the simple answer no, they've been making hunting boots out of gortex "suppressant" fabric for years and i own a pair or two and trust me theve been through some hellacious mud and all you gotta do is wash them with a hose and there good as new. but blood on the other hand tends to stain...
hunters bah, it would be our soldiers who would be in the shizzle, if that happened.
December 24th, 2004  
Salient

If youre talking about gortex in boots,yeah it is great stuff until they get soaked through then you have the heaviest bastards on the battlefield.
December 25th, 2004  
Charge 7

As I recall, Goretex loses it's water repelency over time from dirt getting into the fiber weave. A good cleaning and reapplication of Goretex approved water repelent would fix it so it wouldn't be ruined by dirt, just degraded until fixed.
December 25th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Like I said, give it a good water repellent spray coating and it'll work superb. Those sprays last a long time and they are pretty cheap... especially considering how long one of those cans lasts.
December 25th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Never sprung a leak, myself. I've been pretty hard on them.
December 25th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I know but the spray will help solve that mud problem everyone's talking about.