Gorbachev likens Putin's party to the worst of the communists (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - In some of his strongest criticism of his successors, Mikhail Gorbachev on Thursday likened Vladimir Putin's United Russia party to the worst of the communists he once led and helped bring down, and said Russia is today a country where the parliament and the judiciary are not fully free.

More...

I like this man, he always struck me as human, with human failings. Not the the most dynamic leader in the world of his time, but still he achieved a lot. This article makes want to read his autobiography - I like his thinking, or is it just because he's saying the things that I think?

I guess he saw what Russia had become and wanted to bring about change. Unfortunately he couldn't manage it without bringing about its collapse.

yep, but it was a failing giant anyway, no infrastructure to speak of, no incentive to do more, food rotting before it was picked. At least he tried to shake things up by saying that hasn't worked let's try something else - shame he was so naive, and that I didn't have some capital to invest at that time.

Back