GOP will hold the House and Senate

Well. the dems now have majority in both houses, and most governors are now dems. So much for predictions, next election year will definitely be more interesting.

Well. the dems now have majority in both houses, and most governors are now dems. So much for predictions, next election year will definitely be more interesting.

See my other post when you wrote almost the same response. My response is the same as well.

That's weird, Dems have a majority in the Senate even though the outcome was 49 Republicans, 49 Democrats and 2 Independents? I'm perplexed.

That's weird, Dems have a majority even though the outcome was 49 Republicans, 49 Democrats and 2 Independents? I'm perplexed.

They are counting on the dem in virginia that's going to take the vote there to court. I think the chickens are being counted before the eggs are hatched.

That's included in my numbers. The independents are being lumped in with the Democrats by most of the media, with the notable exception of Fox, and the Dems know the truth which is why they aren't shouting about having a majority, the VP will cast the tie-breaking vote which means the Republicans maintain control of Senate.

The two independents are considered part of the democrat caucus, and will give the democrats a majority on every senate comittee. That is why they are stating that the democrats have a majority. As for the two independents themselves, both of them tend to lean twords the left, so it might be more for the democrats than you think. The VP if, if he is in attendance can cast a breaking vote, but since the president pro-tempore is elected by a strait vote of the senate, and the democrats hold some control over the senate, you may see a democrat as the president pro-tempore.

EDIT: Forgot to meantion that both independents say that they will vote with the democrats.

Last edited:
The two independents are considered part of the democrat caucus, and will give the democrats a majority on every senate comittee. That is why they are stating that the democrats have a majority. As for the two independents themselves, both of them tend to lean twords the left, so it might be more for the democrats than you think. The VP if, if he is in attendance can cast a breaking vote, but since the president pro-tempore is elected by a strait vote of the senate, and the democrats hold some control over the senate, you may see a democrat as the president pro-tempore.

EDIT: Forgot to meantion that both independents say that they will vote with the democrats.

I think you are erring in your opinion. Joe Lieberman will not function as a democrat. I listened to an interview with him and he stated that he would be doing what is best for the country and that the democratic party (my words) stabbed him in the back and abandoned him.

I have never seen the independent senators considered democrat, I believe this is just a form of mental ************ that you are trying to throw out to justify your needs.

Your edited comment goes directly against the live interview I heard with Joe. You need to research your facts and not make them up.

Lieberman has continued to support the war in Iraq and the President throughout these last two years, which is why the Democrats tried to oust him out of office. Lieberman is not a Democrat anymore, he'd be a food and look like a coward if he went back into the Democratic Party and he would not get re-elected in 2014 because Lieberman recived more votes from Republicans than he did Democrats in this last election.

Back