GOP Considers Delegate Cut for 5 States

Tsunami

Oct 22, 6:37 PM (ET)
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
ASHINGTON (AP) - Republican Party leaders on Monday recommended punishing five states for shifting their nomination contests earlier, moving to strip New Hampshire, Florida, South Carolina, Michigan and Wyoming of half their delegates.
At least one state, South Carolina, is considering legal action in an effort to keep its delegates to next year's Republican National Convention.
Iowa, which plans to hold Republican caucuses on Jan. 3, would not be penalized because, technically, the caucuses are not binding on convention delegates. Nevada, which plans to hold its caucuses on Jan. 19, would not be penalized for the same reason.
"It's very important that our party uphold and enforce the rules that we unanimously voted into place at the Republican National Convention in 2004," said Mike Duncan, chairman of the Republican National Committee.
The rules ban holding votes before Feb. 5.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071022/D8SEIDHO0.html
======
The idiots have control of the asylum once again...
:cen:

Ironic .....

Sounds like it isn't only the DNC who is trying to shoot itself in the foot ... the RNC is waggling it's tail, and is just as guilty of trying to bully the State party committees as the DNC is. Guess it shows just how hypocritical a few members of the RNC are ... they had a lot to say about the DNC's problems and NOW it has jumped up and bitten them in the rear end.

Totally ironic don't you think?

The entire :cen:ing system is broken, it is :cen:ed Up Beyond All Repair. But never fear the populace is too impotent to rock the boat. Our Founding Fathers would puke.

I would tend to agree - I hate applying blanket statements, but I would be tempted to fire the whole lot, the system is broke. It's a system corrupt with the old guard.
Impose term limts on congress?
Lower their salary and benefits so that its a sacrafice on their part to serve?
It's a sad, sad situation.
:-|

I would tend to agree - I hate applying blanket statements, but I would be tempted to fire the whole lot, the system is broke. It's a system corrupt with the old guard.
Impose term limts on congress?
Lower their salary and benefits so that its a sacrafice on their part to serve?
It's a sad, sad situation.
:-|

Term Limits for Members of Congress but make the terms longer.
Real Campaign Finance Reform. The Special Interest groups are killing this country.

I have only been at this a short time - and I NEVER thought I would agree with you MMARSH, its a FIRST!
:bravo:

I have only been at this a short time - and I NEVER thought I would agree with you MMARSH, its a FIRST!
:bravo:

Well, lets try not to make it a habit shall we? :)

Seriously, despite ideologically differences between conservatives and liberals, there are some truths that transcend politics.

Back