Goose atacks man! very funny !

Funny?... obviously no one here has been attacked by a goose. He was lucky that it was only small and not really very persistent. A "nip" from a goose will leave you with a bruise as big as a tennis ball and a hit from the wing is not much fun either.

My Auntie had geese when I was young and a big white goose is more than a Match for most adults.

As funny as it sounds, Geese are used by many companies as security, 30 years ago they were used at the RAAF stores depot at Tottenham in Victoria, replacing dogs and handlers.

Last edited:
Funny?... obviously no one here has been attacked by a goose. He was lucky that it was only small and not really very persistent. A "nip" from a goose will leave you with a bruise as big as a tennis ball and a hit from the wing is not much fun either.

My Auntie had geese when I was young and a big white goose is more than a Match for most adults.

As funny as it sounds, Geese are used by many companies as security, 30 years ago they were used at the RAAF stores depot at Tottenham in Victoria, replacing dogs and handlers.

Yeah geese are mean critters, I had an aunty that farmed them and they were fun to chase until they decided to reverse the roles.

Geese have been used as security since ancient Rome where they are believed to have saved the city twice by alerting sentries with their "honking".

When the Gauls attacked Rome, the Capitoline did not fall because of the geese who gave warning. The temple of Juno Moneta, possibly named moneta for the warning of the geese, is also on the Capitoline. This is where coins were minted, providing the etymology for the word "money".

Funny you should mention this...

When my parents had a house in the city outskirts of Medan, Indonesia, they reared geese as a "guard dog" (or guard geese??). They were effective deterents as they are rather loud when they honk...

Yup, I got chased by those geese before- nasty critters, they were...

Do I love goose? Yup. they taste well, especially when roasted! :D:D:D

Back