From 'Gook' to 'Raghead' - Page 8

--
Boots

June 6th, 2005  
Locke

on the topic of defending your nation, is is interesting to see how war has progressed, it used to be that defending your nation/castle/whatever meant letting the enemy come up to you and try and successfully invade, nowadays, the way people are defending thier country is to go to the source of the hostilities and negate them before they get anywhere near your territory.

if troops really were about defending thier nation, they would stay on bases within thier country and defend, instead of pre-emptive attacks.however this means casualties,which the civ population cannot stand, and it is far easier to fightoverseas than at home. having bases around the world is not a defensive strategy, IMO, it is about exerting your control outside your borders and being in a better position to attack, not defend. but i fear this is going a bit too far OT, sorry
June 6th, 2005  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Lemme break it down for you chewie.

No 18 year old kid can tell me what responsibilties I have when I wear/wore my Countries uniform.
i'm sure there are "kids" being sent to iraq right now....and when they get back (at the ripe old age of 20-21) do they then have the right to express an opinion.

this is an INTERNATIONAL discussion board, if you can't handle what someone from another country (a staunch ally of the US i might add) has to say, i suggest you find a US only message board.
Chewie, you're not a mod so don't try to act like one.
June 6th, 2005  
Locke

with all respect, i dont think he was acting like a mod, he is merely pointing out that you need to understand different countries have different perspectives on things and while you may not agree with them, you have to respect thier right to have an opinion
--
Boots
June 6th, 2005  
DTop

Locke you want to join the fray do you? Members shouldn't tell members to find another board. Do you have a problem with that?
June 6th, 2005  
chewie_nz

look here,

this whole furball is happening because you misread a post. personally i think if you're going to be a moderator BE ONE, rather than going off the deep end and fanning the flames. IMHO.

now re read my last post....i suggested that if the members couldn't handle someones opinion...they should find another board.

at no point did i TELL anyone to do anything.

if you would like me to clarify my stand...feel from to PM me.
June 6th, 2005  
DTop

This has gotten way out of hand chewie. I think it best to lock it.