May 15th, 2005  
Battleman

Interesting!
May 15th, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
niether is wanting oil money and being cowards
Who are you referring to? Ahmed Chalabi?
--
Boots
May 17th, 2005  
A Can of Man

You think the Iraqis are smart enough to figure out they're not in a position to help themselves at this time.
Once the Iraqis can defend themselves, the Americans would be more than happy to pull out all but a diplomatic element of their troops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar 'Deathstrike'
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I guess you wonder why Iraqis showed up to vote in a new government.
No I don't. Wanting American troops to leave and voting for a new government are not mutually exclusive.
June 4th, 2005  
Craftsman

I have to say that i was disgusted to a majority of your reactions to that article. Especially the first page of responses, which took me completely by suprise.

To think that just because you are in a war zone it is right or even just not so bad to treat civillians and PW's like that is outrageous.

I'm not saying the stories are true, but anyone who finds behaviour like that towards anyone is a disgrace to any uniform and i would be disgraced to serve next to them.

I don't know how many of you are actual soldiers, nor am i very aware of other countries military training techniques... But in the Australian army our soldiers code doesn't suggest that we have the Right to treat other human being like just because they cose a different side to us.

If you Americans think that you are better, more civillised, people with a Better sense of decency then those of the middle east then you should act like it and set an example when you are on foreign soil. I don't mean to single America out as the only or worst offender, EVERYONE should understand that when you wear your countries uniform, you are a representitive.

Mortified, Sapper Joe Bloggs
RAE
June 4th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman
I don't know how many of you are actual soldiers, nor am i very aware of other countries military training techniques... But in the Australian army our soldiers code doesn't suggest that we have the Right to treat other human being like shit just because they cose a different side to us.

If you Americans think that you are better, more civillised, people with a Better sense of decency then those of the middle east then you should F***ING act like it and set an example when you are on foreign soil. I don't mean to single America out as the only or worst offender, EVERYONE should understand that when you wear your countries uniform, you are a representitive.

RAE
amen....and well said sir, well said
June 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
I have to say that i was disgusted to a majority of your reactions to that article. Especially the first page of responses, which took me completely by suprise.

To think that just because you are in a war zone it is right or even just not so bad to treat civillians and PW's like that is outrageous.

I'm not saying the stories are true, but anyone who finds behaviour like that towards anyone is a disgrace to any uniform and i would be disgraced to serve next to them.

I don't know how many of you are actual soldiers, nor am i very aware of other countries military training techniques... But in the Australian army our soldiers code doesn't suggest that we have the Right to treat other human being like just because they cose a different side to us.

If you Americans think that you are better, more civillised, people with a Better sense of decency then those of the middle east then you should act like it and set an example when you are on foreign soil. I don't mean to single America out as the only or worst offender, EVERYONE should understand that when you wear your countries uniform, you are a representitive.

RAE

Just what posts offended your tender little senseabilities there cadet? I reread them and could find nothing glaringly offensive.

Aside from that who is an 18 year old cadet to give lectures on service anyway?
June 4th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Quote:

RAE

Just what posts offended your tender little senseabilities there cadet? I reread them and could find nothing glaringly offensive.

Aside from that who is an 18 year old cadet to give lectures on service anyway?
He is not giving you a lecture on service he is giving you a lecture on morals and civilised behavior while in uniform.

Basically if you are not better than your enemy in a moral/civilised sense then you are only fighting for their destruction which makes you no different.
June 4th, 2005  
DTop

And he's got no right to lecture anyone in the military especially those with actual combat experience. He's mortified! Give me a freaking break will you?
June 5th, 2005  
Craftsman

Don't give me that combat experience . What did you sign up for mate? Tea and crumpets? I wasn't trying to lecture or offend veterans in any way. But you can't seriously tell me that in the 21st century, soldiers of a western superpower feel the need to abuse non-combatants just because they are in a war zone, big deal you got shot at, big deal your mates been killed, big deal you miss your family, these are the hazards of the job and we need to learn to deal with them without needing to flip out. I don't care if a terroist in a far away land ties up your friends and beats them to death, when he drops his weapon, he IS a non-combatant and he SHOULD be treated accordingly.

You can hammer me with your "what would you knows?" all you like, I AM right and if you can't see that, then it's Psych evaluation time.