Boots

May 5th, 2005  
rocco

lies, communism, propoganda.
May 5th, 2005  
TBA_PAKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
So the news coverage of Al Jazeera is fair and balanced and US news coverage is objectionable........intresting.

I agree with 13th all reporters whether working for a network or as freelancer are at the end of the day biased. If it bleeds it leads. After that it's only the spin.
I never said that what ever Al-Jazeera reports is always free from propaganda. Believe me I'm not a big fan of Al-Jazeera and consider CNN as the best media in the world but they too even are not fair & balanced.

The point is that Al-Jazeera is falsely protrayed by US Govt as a villian & evil media who sympathizes with its enemies, which is not a professional approach to disagree with a foriegn media and personally I know about what happened to dozens of Al-Jazeera reporters in Iraq and it is very sad that US is the culprit behind it but I will not go in to details.
May 5th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Last time I watched it on my buddy's satelite TV they where showing unedited videos of beheadings (which is EXACTLY why the terrorists make these tapes!) and one of their commentator 'guests' was ranting about how America is the root of all evil and all the problems in Muslim countires are caused by America. Fair? **** no. Propoganda? Of course.
--
Boots
May 6th, 2005  
chewie_nz

so in the US media you don't have rabid froth at the mouth guests who support GW to the hilt no matter what he's doing?

who's opinions verge on "lets just nuke the a-rabs and let god sort them out"

i've watched fox & CNN & ABC
May 6th, 2005  
Big_Z

You obviously haven't watched it enough, do you even try to understand our point of view?
May 6th, 2005  
chewie_nz

on important things i try to for my opinion from three different sources,

local NZ view, BBC and then a US news source.

do you even understand how to conduct a new interview or discussion?

two guests usually of opposing views. what? you expect al jazeera to toe the US line? jeez man
May 6th, 2005  
Big_Z

Claiming that CNN/FOX and Al Jazeera are on the same level just sounds crazy to me, they might not be the best news source but cmon. At least a CNN/FOX reporter would attempt to count the bodies on the ground instead of pulling a number out of their ass.
May 6th, 2005  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
on important things i try to for my opinion from three different sources,

local NZ view, BBC and then a US news source.
BBC?
BBC is getting sooo many copmplaints for being biased.

Here is just some of the links: http://amiabstractornot.highlyillogi...00/4481349.stm

BBC NEWS CHIEF TELLS REPORTERS TO AVOID BIAS---You know they wouldn't have to be told if they weren't doing it in the first place.
May 6th, 2005  
erthwerm

This is just my two cents, however, I believe news sources tailor to the audience watching them. I have some friends from Arabic speaking countries and have watched Al-Jezeera and sometimes, they show war footage and it's tailored to suit their audience (members of their audience are probably more likely to see graphic violence and so forth and yes, some of their viewers do not like America.)

I try to think of being an outsider and viewing American news. How would I react? Possibly similar to the way I react when I see Anti-American news. Your thoughts, guys?
May 6th, 2005  
gladius

My thought is...

The news should be impartial an objective as much as possible. When it doesn't it starts to become propaganda. You are trying to sway your audience to your own line of thinking instead of presenting them with the facts.

What is happening with Al-Jezeera, as biased as they are, is that they are raising a whole generation numbering hundreds of millions to hate the US, to hate the West, to hate Israel. Do you think that's a good thing? The consecounces may be more far-reaching than you think.