From 'Gook' to 'Raghead' - Page 2

--
Boots

May 3rd, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Well

Just don't bring those attitdue and terms back into civilian lives.
May 3rd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Obviously combat and civilian life (except N. Ireland, Somalia etc.) have different rules.
May 3rd, 2005  
vargsriket

Eh.. judging from a comfortable seat at home is easy. I don't know about breaking bottles on heads of passing bystanders, but labels are common of every single conflict, and as to violence? Well.. its war, what would you expect, convince them to drop their weapons with flowers?
--
Boots
May 3rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

the problems come when "dehumanizing" go beyond the enemy, into the civilian population.

whats the difference between an enemy criminal "*******" and the ordinary iraqi civilian?

the good ******* & the bad?
May 3rd, 2005  
Missileer

I know that with all the embedded reporters from all over the world being with most of the troops most of the time, if any of this is true why doesn't Time and all the other seditious rags report any of this? I'd say this fellow found the only outlet for his horror tales, the NYT. I believe the part about soldiers coming up with all kinds of names for the enemy forces. Hell we called each other names that we wouldn't use in public.
May 4th, 2005  
chewie_nz

embedded journalist....now there is an oxymoron

embedding a journalist take away all his freedom to report while at the same time removing his objectivity. they can't be relied on to report ANYTHING accurately
May 4th, 2005  
03USMC

Journalist and Objectivity is also Oxymoron in this day and age chewie.
May 4th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
exactly
May 4th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
if you are talking about the US media (actually, no - mainstream network journalists) then yes i agree whole heartedly.

there are good reporters out there reporting real stories on the strength of the story its self, rather than wether it'll get the reporter famous, or if it will cause the biggest scandal...hats off to the good ones eh?
May 4th, 2005  
Charge 7

Ah yes, only the US media tailors the story to suit their needs. Uh right.