Google Talk :)

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Introducing Google Talk http://www.google.com/talk/

They say talk is cheap. Google thinks it should be free. Google Talk enables you to call or send instant messages to your friends for free–anytime, anywhere in the world. Google Talk offers you:

* Choice: Get in touch how and when you want to–over email, IM or a call

* Quality: Talk through your computer but hear your friends as if they were in the same room

* Convenience: Your Gmail contacts are pre-loaded into Google Talk so inviting or talking to your friends is just a click away

Google Talk is in beta and requires a Gmail username and password.

http://www.google.com/talk/

Peace
-=SF_13=-

cheers

it was reported on slashdot that it would be out today, good on them for doing what they promised

Downloaded and installed it earlier today. I think it is nothing else than "just nice". Sad really as Google has many nice applications so hopefully we'll see something better in the near future....

Hi,

behemoth79 said:
Locke, I used to use trillian, but too many bugs.

Swordfish, why are you still using 98?

many reasons really ............ Small , Simple , Compact , very less resource hogging will give me excellent performance on even 96 MB RAM and 450 MHz processor....... still excelent for home users and for computer which are not on steorides ( below 550 MHz of Processor and 96 MB of RAM ).

Give me one reason why should i dedicate 2 GB of Disk Space and put 512 MB of RAM just for the Operating System ........... I miss those days when the Operating System used to fit in 1.44 Floopy Disks :cry: ........... call me old fasioned if you want .

Btw:I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server and WindowsNT Also ......... :D

Peace
-=SF_13=-

you had bugs with tril?
whoa thats odd, i haven't had any problems with it doing anything strange at all and iv been using it for past 3 years. all im doing is chatting, no voice or video talk(dont think vid is supported in the free version)

i like it, it does everythign i need it to

Back