Good Samaritan Gets Truck Towed

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Washington Times
April 13, 2008
Pg. 2

JACKSON, Mich. — A Navy corpsman who stopped to calm a woman whose husband was having a heart attack — and helped an ambulance crew perform CPR on the man en route to a hospital — ended up with a $60 towing bill.
Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Tim Moore was driving on Interstate 94 near Jackson on April 2 when he saw an ambulance parked along the eastbound lane, the Jackson Citizen Patriot reported. He pulled over to try to help calm the woman, who was near the ambulance. When the rescuers learned of the corpsman's medical training, they asked if he would help administer CPR on the way to Foote Hospital.
"I pulled over in a bit of a hurry," said the corpsman, who since has returned to Camp Lejeune, N.C. "Of course, when they asked me to do CPR, I just locked the truck and didn't really think about moving it."
The man died in the emergency room.
When the corpsman returned to the side of the interstate two hours later, the truck was missing. It turns out the truck — parked partly over the white line marking the side of the road — was considered a travel hazard and towed.

Back