A good question.

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
If you are a member here on the IMF and still have yet to question my sanity with logic then you may be in need of a check up yourself...

Prologue aside,

This is another simple thread in the field of small arms deployment.

Scenario is as follows.

You are a PMC/ Uniformed Fighting Man/Woman/ Terror Operative / Insurance salesman, who really cares, in a generic Middle Eastern desert.

You are in a 20 ft tower facing a checkpoint that is 200 meters from the wire, the threat is idiots who try to run that checkpoint via civilian motor vehicles for whatever scripted diabolical purposes.

Your job is to insure that whoever trys this method via day or night never makes it to your compound/ operating facilty/ Jolly Pirate Donuts this portion is not really important either.

One Stipulation,

You have been informed that any .50 calibre weapons are on back order until AFTER the conflict is over, THEN they will arrive...

So you have until then access to any small arms platform availble for anti engine block warefare. Except the obivous choice.

This thread is as simple as marriage to one of the Kardashian sisters, hopfully I didn't screw it up that bad,

As always if I am infringing on any OPSEC guidlines PM me, and I will ask the staff to remove the thread.

Regards,

Yo,

I’m standing in my tower with my GPMG. One short burst – one dead driver – problem solved.
Next question please.

Why choose a simple solution when there's a military alternative... :mrgreen:

I'd spend some time preparing the entrance to the check-point by placing concrete/gravel filled 55 gallon oil-drums in a zig-zag pattern in order to reduce the speed and manouvrability of any incoming vehicles, rigging barbed-wire between these obstacles in order to deny driver/passangers the ability to move in a direct line by foot, and make sure that the entrance zone/kill zone is properly illuminated.
I suppose Claymores and the likes is not an option here...

And THEN I'll do as 42RM and man the tower with a GPMG and see what happens.

Can I ask whether or not the checkpoint itself is operated by any personel?
If not, the only sane thing to do would be to block the entire entrance completely and only keep an option for our own units to enter.

Post a section of drunken Scotsmen at the entrance playing bagpipes wearing kilts with no knickers, enough to make anyone run away.:mrgreen:

That 20mm anti material rifle the south africans came up with would make soup of a car, its just a matter of finding a man big enough to class it as 'small arms' =)

What the hell, might as well walk up to the driver side window , smash it, ram the guys head into the steering wheel disarm the expolsives and make him take driver's re education courses.

A 240B would make quick work of the situation. It might even be better then a 50 given the distance, you could get bullets on target quicker and more accurately.

Ah well, if I'm supposed to grow a beard and get drunk every day :drunkb: ....imagine being baked in the sun, with a third degree hangover, and being tormented by some other lur-playing... :cens: ...then I might as well post some hogs at the entrance to the check-point.

To the best of my knowledge the presence of pigs in the blast zone could be an effective deterrent, and ultimately spoil any hope of becoming a martyr in the islamic paradise. :mrgreen:

Are they Halhal?
Take a look at the nature of the pig. The pig is naturally lazy and indulgent in sex, it is dirty, greedy and gluttonous. It dislikes sunlight and lacks the spirit and will to "fight." It eats almost anything, be it human excreta or anything foul and unwholesome.

Hey, it struck me that I just described the Marines in my Troop. :angel:

Take a look at the nature of the pig. The pig is naturally lazy and indulgent in sex, it is dirty, greedy and gluttonous. It dislikes sunlight and lacks the spirit and will to "fight." It eats almost anything, be it human excreta or anything foul and unwholesome.

Hey, it struck me that I just described the Marines in my Troop. :angel:

Thee is asking for a grenade down thee's knickers.

Of all the unintentional conversations I have ever spawned this is by far the most interesting...

Hell what about a .500 Mag cartrige into the engine block at closer ranges?

Picture the M4 layout model with .500 cartriges as the Small arms version of the naval CWIS system. Notice this is a fairtale peice of armament but hey, this inspiration for such a desgin can be traced to the Grendel 6.5 mm.

Last edited:
Ah, another gun-nut.. :confused:

I call your .500 Mag. and raise with 2 bacon-lined Claymores then.:mrgreen:

Back