Good-night Nurse.

Del Boy

OK - here's a political entry from me.

I appear to be the only person displaying an infraction on my profile.

I understand that I should not be the only person in this position.

I would never support any form of deceit or disregard of truth.

So it's good bye and good-night nurse from me.

What do you mean Del Boy?
You get in trouble for something?
If you did, I'd like to know to make sure I don't do the same thing by accident or ignorance.

Don't leave Del Boy, your a good man. I've made boo boo's here too and the mods gave me wedgies for it. They run a tight ship in these parts but I think they do a good job. I'd rather have aggressive moderator's than pretend moderators that never moderate.

Last edited:
OK - here's a political entry from me.

I appear to be the only person displaying an infraction on my profile.

I understand that I should not be the only person in this position.

I would never support any form of deceit or disregard of truth.

So it's good bye and good-night nurse from me.

You do realise you can't see anyone elses "infractions" but your own?

You do realise you can't see anyone elses "infractions" but your own?

Thank you MontyB - no, I did not know that! What a damn feet -first fool I am. I fully retract my complaint with humble apologies to all.

What a diva I am, indeed.

Fellow members, I have no complaints whatsoever with the punishment.
Mods - my sincere apologies for misjudging your integrity. It will not happen again, in the past I have always been a fan of your performances.

Monty - thanks again.:sorry::stupid:

BTW - i would have no problem with my punishments showing - just as long as the same rule applied to all. So the current rule is fine by me.

Aiki - thanks for the kind words. It was a misunderstanding on my part, why i went off on one. I had it all wrong, as i have admitted here.

Yes I was punished - I went over the top in a discussion and insulted another member. I considered that the Mods dealt with me fairly and promptly. No argument from me. However, I understood that the same applied to anyone else in the same circumstances and as that didn't show, I was disappointed at what I thought was unfavourable treratment. I was wrong, i didn't understand how it worked, and as soon as MontyB pointed that out the penny dropped and I was HAPPY again. Even more happy that you and Monty B bothered to intervene; Monty could have let me stew.

Last edited:
Mods - my sincere apologies for misjudging your integrity. It will not happen again,
You promise that?? ;)

MontyB is indeed correct.
The infractions are only visible to yourself and to the forum staff.

Indeed I do , in fact ,Redleg. You can't imagine what a fool I feel. Just too damn self-righteous for my own good sometimes. It has often cost me dear. My apologies all round.

I once was pulled before the Football Association on a diabolical referee's report which came with a sending off. As it happens, it was truly not my fault but when I was under attack from the FA Chairman I walked out and slammed the door. Result - a life ban from football - sin dine. After a season or so they apologized and told me I was a man who brought nothing but good to football. But my reaction cost me and could have cost me much more.:smile:

Del Boy, I wouldn't sweat it if I were you, just serve your time like a man (which I am sure you will, are and have been, not trying to be insulting like that might sound), everyone here thinks your a stud, and I think your one of the many assets this joint has. I am not a mod, but I imagine whichever one dinged you probably didn't necessarily like doing it but in order for them to maintain forum discipline they had to not let you get away with stuff someone else is gonna get dinged for. As you could probably imagine, whatever it is you did, if someone else did the same thing they would refer to your post wherever it is and claim, well how come nothing was done to Del Boy?, well, now we know, none of us is special, we're all a bunch of little boys and girls. hahahaha. Welcome to the doghouse my friend, stay on your side and no fartin.

The infractions are only visible to yourself and to the forum staff.
This is the kind of thing you need to tell us before people like Del Boy and I make fools of ourselves! :p (I did the same thing a couple of months ago. The only difference was that I got mine revesred. ;-)

This is the kind of thing you need to tell us before people like Del Boy and I make fools of ourselves! :p (I did the same thing a couple of months ago. The only difference was that I got mine revesred. ;-)

To be honest I would like to know what purpose they serve.
Do we get booted if we reach 2, 3, 5 or 10 infractions?
Is there something worse than an infraction ie a temporary bans?

Last edited:
To be honest I would like to know what purpose they serve.
Do we get booted if we reach 2, 3, 5 or 10 infractions?
Is there something worse than an infraction ie a temporary bans?
Here you go (but you do of course know this since you've read all of the forum rules when you registered.. ;) )

If you break any of these rules you posts may be edited or deleted.
A warning/infraction will in most cases be sent by one of the forum staff, and/or a "Mod/Admin edit" can be added to your post(s).
"Minor" offenses will in most cases give you a 2-3 days temporary ban.
Three warnings/infractions without any improvement will lead to a temp. ban,
and three temporary bans without any improvement will get you permanently banned!

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_forum_rules

I just want to make it clear that I have no argument with my infraction punishment whatsoever. Furthermore I have no problem whatsoever with the Mods ; my experience has been that they step in at just the right time and that they allow considerable lee-way. I have always been a fan, and remained so right until my misunderstanding of the rules led me into a wrong conclusion. Instead of querying it, because I hate complaining or seeking special attention I was too quick on the draw, not for the first time, as you probably know. The authorities here have always treated me with respect and I thank them.

Because of my mistake this was absolutely my own problem, and as soon as MontyB pointed out that I had overlooked the relevant rule, I was mortified.
My mistake , my problem, no complaints here.:smile:

Sure. This was it. I and another had a spat. I got hit with an infraction, mine for being insulting in my post. Fine. But then I noticed that my infraction showed on my posts, and nobody elses did, even any I had had a spat with.

So , in righteous indignation, I went off on one and went into exile!

You posted a note of caution to me, and thoughtfully, Monty B pointed out that only I could see my infraction on my posts, NO-ONE else could. And similarly, I could not see theirs.

I just didn't know this, because as we all know, only MontyB reads and knows all the rules!:lol:

So it was all my mistake, nothing to do with the spat or the punishment, which was fine by me. Cheers and thanks. All is lubbly jubbly here!

Last edited:
Sometimes it is very difficult to bite your tongue when someone says something that gets under your skin. I like the aggressive moderation though, helps avoid getting too angry. If you start insulting me left and right, well, maybe not me, they might like that and let it go, but someone else, your gonna get juiced. I try to not respond too much to political threads any more because it's hard for me to play nice in there. So, as far as the forum's concerned, I am the peace, loving and understanding dude. Ha!

Here you go (but you do of course know this since you've read all of the forum rules when you registered.. ;) )

If you break any of these rules you posts may be edited or deleted.
A warning/infraction will in most cases be sent by one of the forum staff, and/or a "Mod/Admin edit" can be added to your post(s).
"Minor" offenses will in most cases give you a 2-3 days temporary ban.
Three warnings/infractions without any improvement will lead to a temp. ban,
and three temporary bans without any improvement will get you permanently banned!

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/faq.php?faq=forum_rules_features#faq_forum_rules

There are rules?

In my defence I am male I only read the instructions when all else fails.

:)

Back