Good day

Der Alte

Banned
Good day gentlemen
An old soldier reporting for duty. (first time I was a soldier was when the dinosaurs were the only animals on earth)

I found this page by accident and thought it looked interesting. (and it helps me with my English)

Grüss Gott
Der Alte.

Welcome aboard Colonel.

I look forward to your postings and stories as a Panzergrenadier as well as Military Intelligence.

Last edited:
Herzlich Willkommen Herr Oberstleutnant!

I would say that having someone who has experienced some of the most discussed subjects here first hand, and seen it with his own eyes, is a great asset to all of us.

Welcome from one "old soldier" to another.
You always have more humours,:santa:
g.php

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from one "old soldier" to another.

Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to your participation.

Spike.

welcome..
You always have more humours,:santa:
g.php

Welcome aboard...

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you my lady and gentlemen for the warm welcome.

Herzlich Willkommen hier im Forum.
Wir sind Nachbarn, so vielen Dank mein Freund. :cheers:

Welcome aboard Colonel.

I look forward to your postings and stories as a Panzergrenadier as well as Military Intelligence.
My days as a Panzergrenadier was after the war. But I helped rebuild the German army. Not much James Bond in the Intelligence Service. I was an intelligence analyist. It all took place behind a desk from nine to five.

Herzlich Willkommen Herr Oberstleutnant!

I would say that having someone who has experienced some of the most discussed subjects here first hand, and seen it with his own eyes, is a great asset to all of us.
Schönen Dank.
It was many years ago but I still remember many things. You are welcome to ask about everything and I will answer as best as I can.

My days as a Panzergrenadier was after the war. But I helped rebuild the German army. Not much James Bond in the Intelligence Service. I was an intelligence analyist. It all took place behind a desk from nine to five.

No secret pens that blew holes in walls, or watches that turned into a nuclear device or Aston Martins fitted with machine guns?;)

Just goes to show, don't believe the James Bond movie's. I am highly disappointed.:lol:

Last edited:
No secret pens that blew holes in walls, or watches that turned into a nuclear device or Aston Martins fitted with machine guns?;)

Just goes to show, don't believe the James Bond movie's. I am highly disappointed.:lol:

Just goes to show that the gathering and analysis of intelligence is a painstakingly boring task in every end of the process, and even more so when weeks or months of puzzeling and stitching culminates in a classified report on the enemy's production of wood pulp based upon the density of their issued toilet-paper...

Pretty far from James Bond I'd say. :wink:

But the triumph when the whole puzzle was completed and you had the full picture, it was worth it all.

Unfortunately you could not share that joy with anyone and it was sometimes a very lonely job.

Back