Good Day

G

G Connor

A hearty hello to current members. I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas and opinions with one and all.
I am a retired 25 year veteran of the Air Force. Operations in B52's and B1's back in the days of the Strategic Air Command. Ground pounder tours at Air Univerity, The Royal Air Force College at Cranwell and the Air Staff. Currently working as a government drone at US Coast Guard Hq on the commandant's International Affairs staff. Looking forward to retirement and taking orders from my Chief of Staff of the last 33 years.
I've had the good fortune to be pretty widely traveled; everywhere from Madagasar to Nigeria, El Salvador to Argentina, Latvia to Yemen. Widely read in avaition history, political affairs, and comparative religions. As an observation; everywhere I've gone I've found long lines of people seeking visas to come to the US; I've never seen lines of people seeking to leave.
Primary hobby is working as a state level soccer official. Looking forward to this summer's world cup.

Welcome to the forums Connor.

Good to see that the registration worked this time. :)

Welcome Connor, good to have another "old timer" on the board. Nice avatar, it's good to see another guy with art appreciation. I'll make you a deal, since you are a true B-52 expert, I'll change mine to what I did when I was in the service. Say hello to your C of S for me.:smile:

Missileer said:
I'll make you a deal, since you are a true B-52 expert, I'll change mine to what I did when I was in the service. :smile:

I like your new avatar better, Missileer.

Welcome aboard the boards G Connor.

tomtom22 said:
I like your new avatar better, Missileer.
Agreed, though its making my eye twitch since the first time I saw that patch was on my drill sergeants at Bliss.
:rockin:

G Connor said:
Everywhere I've gone I've found long lines of people seeking visas to come to the US; I've never seen lines of people seeking to leave.

Welcome aboard G. Thank you for your very good intro, I'm sure you can contribute to a large extent to the forums life. And I have this impression that you and I will make friends. The line of yours I quoted above here would work as a nice signature.

Ciao

Looking at the time of your post, I'm guessing you may actually be signing on from the Mare Nostrum. My wife's family is Sicilian, from Sciacca. We're planning a trip to Italy and Siciliy this summer. Last visit was in the summer of '04.
Thanks for the welcome and the observation. I'll wait a bit longer before I commit to a signature.

Yes sir, I'm in Italy right now, although not in Sicily. Sicily is a fantastic land, I have some buddies from the island. Women and food are great downthere. Feel free to ask about anything you guys might need to know before taking the trip. Later.

Back