A good article on what's going on in Korea

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
http://www.feer.com/international-relations/2008/june/Seouls-Mad-Cow-Fiasco

Basically I agree with this guy 100% and it's what I've been saying before I even read this article. The panic is false, the information is false. It has all been manufactured by the opponents of the conservative party and this crisis will bring down Korea as a favorable business environment even further. That will weaken the currency, reduce the amount of money flowing in... it's why I can't stand the left here. Do they have to take the whole country down with them?

I hope by now people (especially in the West) would understand why Chinese were so angry during the Tibetan protests. You saw it in China, you saw it in Japan and now you are seeing it in Korea. Asians are very patriotic and their definition of patriotism is VASTLY different from Americans and Europeans. Some people may not like it but that's what it is. Nobody, no amount of study and cognition can help you understand Asian patriotism unless you are Asian. As I said, this is NOT about beef imports and Mad Cow disease, this is about politics and the failure of the government led by a businessman who has not the political acumen to anticipate the avoidable. This is a common mistake of elites - they often under-estimate the masses and the role of emotions and perception in politics. Let me repeat: in politics, perception IS reality.

Seems to have nailed it.

But also it shows how easy it is to manipulate the masses as well.
Not to mention they might be doing this out of patriotism but they're scaring away investors which actually hurts the country.
Patriotism. Take it with moderation. Geez, and I'M the one that'll be in uniform again.

I'm submitting my re-enlistment application today in fact.
If they take me this time around, it should be either November or December.

Back