golani brigade

:rambo: The isreali equivlent to the marines the Golani infintry bgd motto is Golani Sheli meening i'm golani and there emblem is a lebanon ceder tree
mps like paratroopers lead the way!!!
daneil n. center

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I got another translation of the Golani motto as well.

Golani Sheli -- My Golani
Acharai L'Tzanhanim -- After me to the Paratroops
Ha Tovim L'Tayis -- The best to Pilots
Pa'am Tzanhan, Tamid Tzanhan -- Once a paratrooper, always a paratrooper.

1. Golani Brigade
2. Paratroopers Brigade (35th Brigade?)
3. Just the Air Force, no specific wing or unit.
4. Same as #2

My Hebrew is bit rusty, so maybe you or Sherman could help me verify these ones.

Thanks

correction

Its achrea H'tzonchanim after the paratroopers this im told by my recon paratrooper buddy was made the motto after they liberated the old city of jerusalem from the arabs.
Daneil N. Center
:rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Mod edit:Read the forum rules (specifically re respecting others). You can get your point across without name-calling.

Well

Its achrea H'tzonchanim after the paratroopers this im told by my recon paratrooper buddy was made the motto after they liberated the old city of jerusalem from the arabs.
Daneil N. Center

No,no, its Acharay la'tzanachnim, After me to the paratroopers.

The isreali equivlent to the marines the Golani infintry bgd motto is Golani Sheli meening i'm golani and there emblem is a lebanon ceder tree
mps like paratroopers lead the way!!!
daneil n. center

Again, firstly, they are not at all marine equivlent, as they are not trained in seaborn landings, nor have the vhiecls to do this kind of work. now, Israel used to have landing craft, but the brigade that was to mount a seaborn landing was the Givati brigade. Also, the golani badge has a tree on it, but it is not a ceder at all. if im not mistaken its an oak. Also, i dont know what paratroopers have to do with this, note that the Golani brigade has no paratrooper training.
Please, dont post things that are not correct.

In terms of function, Golany is in no way similar to the U.S. Marines. Rather it is because of their reputation. The way i see it (feel free to flame), both are accessible to your average person, they are not so exclusive, but your gonna have to work your ass harder anyway, because the buck stops here sorta thing. Hope that made sense. Shalom.

Back