who is going to win the superbowl

OK Lewis you're getting better, you're down to 2. Who wins your strange Super Bowl, Atlanta or Philly? Go ahead pick one. Keep in mind that both your choices are in the NFC!

Super Bowl

I do not think that there is a single clear cut winner for this year's super bowl. As the season began the Patriots and the Eagles were the hands down favorite.

The Eagles had just added one of the most dangerous wideouts in football, finally giving McNabb a solid receiver to throw to. The Patriots are the owners of the longest winning streak in NFL history. However, Pittsburgh embarrassed both of them. The game against the Patriots was closer to an "off" day than the game against the Eagles. The Patriots were without their biggest off season addition, Correy Dillon. But the Steelers have proven that it wasn't a fluke. They have held every team they have faced to very little yardage, even adding Dillon to the mix, I don't think it would have changed the outcome.

The Eagles game was an embarrassment. The Steelers dominated the clock, and the running game war. They also more than handled Mr. Owens. Which is the key to this offense. You take him out of the equation and they are no where near as explosive as with him.

To their credits, both teams have rebounded very well. The Patriots are showing more signs of having what it takes to win it all than the Eagles. The Eagles are scrapping by a few times that they should blow out.

I do not think that the Steelers are a lock to even make it all the way to the Superbowl, although I like their chances. If there is a team that would prevent them from making it that far, it would be either the Patriots or the Colts, and only because Manning only seems to know how to throw touchdowns. That would be a high scoring game!

On the NFC side, I like the Eagles to finally make it to the Superbowl, as long as they don't look ahead of themselves. The rest of the entire conference is a joke. No other team has shown ANY consistancy all season.

If I were to make a prediction, I would say:

NFC

Philly v.s. Carolina in the championship game

AFC

Pittsburgh v.s. New England

Super Bowl

?????

who knows, on any given Sunday, anyone can beat anyone.

Ben

Come on Playstation, you had a great analytical post but no punch line :? What have you got to lose? Pick a team to win it all. It sounds like you're leaning toward the Steelers, right?
Let me see if I can recap people's choices. Maybe the forum as a whole can come up with the winner by majority pick.

Eric K - SeaHawks/Bengals
JoeZ - Jets
GuyOnTheRight - Carolina/NE
SensesFailed - ???
AirbourneEagle - Eagles
JasonBourne - Packers
Time - NE
Silentdriller - Eagles
Darkmb101 - Tampa
sgtbreeden - KC/Dallas
AsianAmerican - Dallas
DTop - NE
egoz - KC
PFCMiller - NE
EagleStrike - NE
LIDevilpup - Jets
jrotcwmckinnon -NE
The Other Guy - Eagles/Colts
Playstation - Steelers?

Team Votes
Patriots 5 1/2
Eagles 2 1/2
Jets 2
Chiefs 1 1/2
Cowboys 1 1/2
SeaHawks 1
Bengals 1
Packers 1
Buccaneers 1
Steelers 1
Colts 1/2
Panthers 1/2

If I had to

If I had to make a pick for the superbowl, it would be either the Patriots or the Steelers. The other teams are just too inconsistant to warrant picking them.

With T.O. going down for the Eagles, I question the Eagles ability to win it all. Or even make it to the Superbowl to begin with. I think they will fall flat on their faces in the championship game, again.

Nobody else in the NFC is worth even really mentioning. I mean come on, the Cardinals could win the division yet!!!

I will go with Pittsburgh to take the cake.

Ben

Nice choice I think. The Steelers are definitely for real this year. I am just glad I don't have to make my living predicting NFL games :oops: Miami came to play last night and NE didn't.

Back