Going through the recruitment process, have some questions.

Milch_LKW

I'm currently going through the recruitment process for the Army. I took the ASVAB yesterday, and got an 82, and have a consultation regarding my job availabilities and whatnot tomorrow. From what I've read so far, I really like the sound of 89D, or EOD. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful thoughts about that. I know i'm going into active duty for sure, but I'm not 100% sure on my job I want yet. I'm sure tomorrow at the consultation i'll go through a lot with my recruiter, but EOD is what my main preliminary interest is thus far, so i want to get some more info from actual people rather than random websites. Also, can anyone tell me what the difference between EOD for the Army, and EOD for the Air Force is? I still haven't talked to an Air Force recruiter, but my parents are making me check with every branch so I don't miss out on any opportunities and make the most educated decision possible. I've talked to the Navy and Coast Guard already, and neither of them are even recruiting in my area right now. I've heard I have to remove all of my piercings for MEPS, is that true, and if so, do the holes have to be closed by then or just the jewlery out?

Oh, yes and I heard a bunch about a moral questionnaire you have to fill out, and it has stuff about tattoos, drinking, drugs, and so-forth. Is that true, and if so, what are the results of those answers? For the record, I've tried Marijuana, but didn't like it, and have always had a general policy of keeping my body clean. I just tried it once to eliminate the curiosity.

EDIT: Also, although I am in good shape, I want to re-situate my workout to prepare me as much as possible for the military, so can anyone either provide me with one, or link me to one. I do have access to a weight room/workout facility by the way.

Last edited:
Back