going to Germany - Page 3

--
Boots

June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Yea, brandy Ive heard is wonderful.
June 29th, 2006  
OORAH

i plan on being in a constant state of "buzzed" while i'm over there. cant wait.
June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Mwahahaha!...Im gettin "buzzed" at my lifeguard party sometime near the end of the summer. The boss acctually lets us get drunk on the pool deck...WE have people fallin in, and collapsing off the diving boards...Its great.
--
Boots
June 29th, 2006  
loki

Whats the problem with girls not shaving? Thats how god made them you uptight sobs! And most do shave, atleast the ones i know.

Ok and for some useful information:
- drinking in public is o-kay
- you can get anywhere by train and you get to see a lot more of the country that way.
- good beer: Rothaus, Warsteiner, Jever, Augustiner, Fürstenberg
- A beer please: "Ine [like in swine] grow_says pills bit_te [like in telephone]"
- Excuse me I'm looking for the XY?: "End_shull[the u like in sugar]_dee_goong, ick soo-keh dee ..."
- train station: "ban_hove"; toilet: your toilet, just add an "eh", police-station: "poll_it_say"; ATM: "gelled_auto_mad"
- cheap domestic flights: http://www.airberlin.de
- "Don't mention the war" - yeah right, especially not the Iraq war!
- If people seem rude: its nothing personal, probably. I was told things said in german often seem harsh to foreigners because of the pronounciation.
June 29th, 2006  
The Cooler King

I think this phrase will come in handy...

"Ich spreche nicht gut Deutsch."
June 29th, 2006  
istealfreefood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Did you know that most of german chicks has a hairy armpits and legs.
nah, thats the French girls.

see if you can get some Budwar beer. i had a good friend tell me that it is some of the best beer hes ever had. its Austrian i think, but im pretty sure that you can get it in Germany. also, have the local beer. most places in the country make their own daily.
June 29th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Bleiben Sie sicheres OORAH und folgen Sie Rat der lokis. Versuchen Sie, keinen Krieg einschließlich die 2 Kriege zu erwähnen, in denen Deutschland seinen Esel getreten erhielt.

Hope that makes sense!
June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Speak English dammit!

Anyway, have fun.
June 29th, 2006  
FutureDevilDog

Translation: Dont mention any war, especially the 2 ones in which Germany got its ass kicked
June 29th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

oh...good advice.