Going Down The Tubes - Page 2

--
Boots

March 7th, 2008  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
yours truly...
That's a pretty brave statement TOG. There's no way I'd ever admit to it .
March 8th, 2008  
Missileer

As in every profession, there are two ends to the spectrum of good/bad.
March 8th, 2008  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Plus this whole "I'm going to sue you" crap is pissing me off.
+1

My mom is a 5th grade teacher and they rotate classes for subject with two other 5th grade teachers. One day one of her students was misbehaving for another teacher and she told him if he didn't quit she was going to call his mother. He responded with, "go ahead and I'll tell her you touched me."

That is screwed up.
--
Boots
March 8th, 2008  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
+1

My mom is a 5th grade teacher and they rotate classes for subject with two other 5th grade teachers. One day one of her students was misbehaving for another teacher and she told him if he didn't quit she was going to call his mother. He responded with, "go ahead and I'll tell her you touched me."

That is screwed up.
DETENTION!

they make stamps like that now...
March 8th, 2008  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
+1

That is screwed up.
There is one quick solution to that. Let the student go back to class and immediately inform the Principal of what was said, then with the principal as a backstop contact the students parent(s) preferably in person and let them know,... so that if it happens again, you have a precedent to fall back on.
March 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Yep, and then make sure that kid gets expelled. They're short on teachers so the school will be more comfortable letting go of a student than a teacher.
Maybe you can sue the kid's family for the emotional damaged the kid caused.