Going Away

pixiedustboo

Redfidelboo
Well, my aunt is having a mastectomy tomorrow. At least, that is the plans at the moment.

I am going up north to stay with my grandparents and take care of things up there while my mom and my other aunt take the other aunt to Ann Arbor. (Everyone follow that?)

Anyways, so I will be gone until Friday I think, and then the next two weeks Monday-Friday I will be up north with grandparents. My gramma still isn't allowed to drive with her shoulder and she has to be taken to PT 3x a week. (My grandpa is not mentally in a position to drive anywhere). I will probably be home on the weekends, but that is if everything goes alright with my aunt's surgery.

Wish me luck. It's going to be a long time without internet and listening to my grandpa talk about how we are going to be snowed in at any given moment. Eks.

..well back home until Sunday night.

My aunt's surgery went very well and my grandparents, apart from their bickering at each other, are doing good too. lol.

On Thursday we had a fire at my aunt's house. We ended up making a trip about an hour north (my grandparents and I), to see my aunt. Well, a man stopped by to clear the yard of leaves and such and when he went to start the law mower it blew and started on fire. The fire ended up being about '20 around and less than '5 from the propane tank.

My family was running around screaming at me to call the fire department and my aunt handed me the phone and say, "IT's 911!!!"

Yeah.

Apparently they thought I wasn't going to figure that out.

So yeah, both my my and my aunt Sally are bawling their eyes out, my gramma is yelling at my aunt Marj to get in the car before she gets a chill, my grandpa won't get away from the propane tank...etc, etc, etc.

It was a very loud and dramatic day. lololol. Never a dull moment.

Fire and propane tanks, yeah, you've got to watch those. :smil:

I hope all is well and your aunt will get well soon Pixie.

Good luck with the family pixie. I sure hope everything goes well for your Aunt and give her our best. I've lived with my Grandparents before and know what a trial by fire that can be. Glad you're back.

Thanks for all of the well wishes....

We got some awesome news last week.

My aunt's doctors were originally going to only remove the left breast and she was very upset about that decision. They ended up going along with her wishes and removing both the right and left breast.

The biopsy came back on Wednesday and in her right breast and she had cancerous tumors starting.

She is having another check up and blood draws, etc, on Monday and hopefully everything will be alright.

Hopefully this will be the last thing medically for her. This is the same aunt that had a liver replacement two years ago.

Back